GOP Insanity Containment: Beets, Gazpacho, and Lube

This conversation would never happen anywhere but the states.

It also never used to happen in the states. It used to be considered rude to ask someone who they voted for, kind of like asking someone how much money they make.

1 Like

A black English guy heard I was an American and asked me how I felt about Biden and I gave some rather non-committal “I think he’s doing a pretty decent job so far” and he then proceeded to rant about how disappointed he was in America for electing him. I managed to keep my mouth shut.

My first mistake was answering his second question “What do you think of Donald Trump” honestly.

As I was answering he interjected but not his personality. “Oh yeah it’s always just about his personality.” I was actually confused for a bit not even realizing the conversation derailed.

He then retorted it’s all presidents and I did not disagree then he went after Obama a bit and met on screw all politicians.

My sense is he thought he found a kindred spirit (I have red shirt on fml) and was going to lay things out. From what I gather he is brand new to Texas and might have assumed everyone here supports Trump.

It never got heated but a lot of confusion as we swerved into each other.

Will try to add more later.

2 Likes

A car service guy talking politics seems like a terrible way to not get tipped, unless your goal is just to 100% agree with whatever the other person says and pump them up.

4 Likes

Uh, what’s a car service and what does the guy do? I first thought Uber. Then car service tech but that doesn’t seem right either.

My default reply will be “I don’t vote for deadbeat billionaires.” If that doesn’t shut them up, at least the conversation will be headed in a tangible direction. Hard to get fake newsed when Donny admits the bankruptcies. I get MAGA’s don’t care, it’s just good business or whatever. Just let them know if their employer decides not to issue their paycheck, that’s just good business too, right? It’s pretty fertile ground, if any exists in the cult, to at least shut them up or get them on their heels.

4 Likes

Car service is like one of those dudes that holds up a sign with a name on it at the airport and then takes you somewhwre in a towncar.

Oh. No wonder I don’t know. Thanks.

lol she is CURRENTLY a median GOP voter. She’s “extreme” compared to other representatives, but that’s only because they’re lagging indicators.

10 Likes

https://twitter.com/AaronBlake/status/1400804079153078275?s=19

I used to use a car service like that when I flew back and forth to a client every week about 20 years ago so I wouldn’t have to leave my car at the airport/park and ride all week. It was pretty nice since I used the same service for the better part of a year and usually had the same driver. Still remember his name - K.B. - he was extremely friendly. The rides were not boring. I even ran into him at a sports bar well after I was done with the service and we hammed it up like old buddies.

They screwed up a couple times, but were always very apologetic. Once they forgot to pick me up when I returned at the end of the week, so they brought me a limo instead of a town car. Unnecessary, but kind of a nice, fun gesture.

They didn’t wait inside the airport with a sign, though. They picked me up outside. After a couple times, we always recognized each other, so it was as easy as picking up a friend.

old white guy at seatac wearing a Q “don’t blame me i voted for trmp” tshirt and mask. completely oblivious to the glances. lol. deplorables cannot read a room.

2 Likes

My wife is at Seatac now picking up her sister. Called me to see if there was something going on at Seatac because she couldn’t get into arrival to pick her up. You know anything going on?

https://twitter.com/flySEA/status/1400847269658722306?s=19

It shows the strength of our little community when we have NBZ, who doesn’t live in the PNW and so has no special knowledge, sleuthing up info about SeaTac airport on his Vegas vacation for Fatboy.

:beers:

17 Likes

yeah traffic was murder last .7 miles. tsa walked around with k9s. suspicious package

Needed something to do while waiting for the dim sum cart to come around.

4 Likes

Something to do? You fantasize about the dim sum thats coming, watch everybody else eat their dim sum, and play Keno.

Duh

4 Likes

Gonna need some lawyers to go through this MyPillow guy lawsuit. I’m looking forward to some lolling, but don’t have time to go through it right now.

1 Like