GOP Insanity Containment: Beets, Gazpacho, and Lube

This x100

And the two states that are opening up are the ones that failed so poorly in the cold weather. So, it’s look over here, we’re opening up. When that leads to some increased death, “illegals released by the Biden Admin.”

Honestly I partly blame this on choosing a poor tag line knowing what we know about human psychology. It’s like defund the police. Sure we being the top 1% of politically savvy people understand the nuance of what is meant but it’s not a great phrase for the general public.

Imagine if they simply started with Black Lives Also Matter.

Black Lives Matter means black lives also matter. That is the point.
People who believe it means only Black Lives Matter are telling on themselves. It is both grammatically and historically obvious.

9 Likes

I don’t think Black Lives Also Matter would’ve made a difference. Everyone knows what Black Lives Matter means. Some just choose to feign ignorance so they can pwn the libs.

Defund the Police is a different matter and I agree with you there. It’s a non-starter of a slogan that probably hurts the cause more than it helps it.

3 Likes

“Ice cream is delicious” never gets the “So you think only ice cream is delicious?” treatment.

30 Likes

This. My go-to analogy is always cancer.

“Oh so you donated to that brain cancer charity? Well I guess you don’t give a shit about any other kind of cancer then.”

2 Likes

“CLOSE THE DOOR! YOU’RE LETTING ALL THE HEAT OUT!”

1 Like

The problem, which David Shor never acknowledges, is the right is going to pick up whatever the most obnoxious 1% of the left says and plaster it all over right wing media and Facebook on a loop.

Is “defund the police” stupid? Yes, but I didn’t hear any swing district democratic candidates talking about it. The left has zero control over the media machine.

7 Likes

Should have just gone with ACAB instead of Defund the Police.

What is needed is strident, unambiguous, unnuanced sloganeering about who the bad guys are, whether it be cops, billionaires, or corporations.

disagree. defund the police is a “bad” slogan because it gets too close to the truth. it’s pretty easy to be white and sympathetic to black lives matter with no actual policy changes in mind. it’s harder to ignore your inner fear and support defunding the police because on some level you think it makes you less safe. like 90% of police budget waste is spent on paramilitary raids of black apartment complexes, but in white suburbia it feels like there might be more car prowlers and random needles on the ground.

2 Likes
1 Like

Every right winger with half a platform has attempted to dunk on Biden’s Neanderthal Thinking take from yesterday. If you missed it:

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1367192228762963971

Without a doubt it will be hard to outdunk Tennessee’s senior senator, Marsha Blackburn:

https://twitter.com/ryanstruyk/status/1367515798735097862

I agree obviously. I just think the also would eliminate some confusion. It clearly wouldn’t make the real racists change their mind. They are being disingenuous as you point out.

Why is Marsha’s comment in the present tense?

3 Likes

She’s married.

7 Likes

I’m more interested in her thoughts on the existence of so many hominid species and evolution.

1 Like

Spoiler alert: They’re all the real racists.

jesus! these morons are so bad at this.

https://twitter.com/marcorubio/status/1367562330515660801

My God if Biden apologizes…

1 Like