GOP Insanity Containment 2: This is the Place. This is the Time, Cowboy.

https://twitter.com/RightWingWatch/status/1699458356195287494?t=7XRnbpwI73z4Oqq66x7BJg&s=19

The fact that he’s wearing a suit that looks like a straight jacket while he’s saying this, is coincidental

2 Likes

There’s this too:

As I have demonstrated, we must make a stand for what we believe in. In my case, I made a stand to take a knee.

I’ll just assume he was a supporter of Kapernick when he took a knee for what he believed in…

2 Likes

I thought conservative jurists were all big negative liberty guys, the “freedom from” crowd?

It would seem that freedom from unwanted religious indoctrination would be right in their bailiwick.

1 Like

*unwanted as in any religion not Christianity or even a Christian sect we don’t agree with and especially not no-religion.

Trump gets convicted and his cult followers attack the court house to be free him is going to be some entertaining television.

I know a number of people who would describe themselves a liberal and what they want is the big house but in the walkable neighborhood. And they are able to pull that off. Of course there is only so much of that a neighborhood can tolerate before it changes irreversibly, but plenty of people strive to have their cake and eat it too.

A big part of this is just the standard “it’s just racism” end of conservatism in North America. The neighborhood that is described as “houses are larger and farther apart, but schools, stores and restaurants are several miles away” is just code to a lot of conservatives for a white suburban neighborhood with no black people. The absence of sidewalks and transit is designed to exclude people that can’t afford cars. Literally decades of car friendly, white flight urban planning is at the root here.

But anyway, you’re right that they will give up objective standard of living to avoid imaginary threats.

5 Likes

Went down the YouTube rabbit hole of watching 9/11 footage and saw Guiliani give a long speech about the strength of America’s democracy and rule of law and how no small group could ever destroy them.

You couldn’t write this timeline.

5 Likes

Let’s see what Ashli Babbit’s mom is up to these days

Guess she came by it naturally.

let her cook imo

5 Likes

She’s only garnering more support for the Babbitt name from the left.

11 Likes

The guy who tweeted that is a comedic troll account.

Yeah that Gary Peterson can be pretty funny sometimes

1 Like

Dude has put on a lot of weight in the last three years

Face turn?

2 Likes

That’s just the neo-libertarian millennial aesthetic.

You’ve seen it in such films as Makes You Think and Who Really Blew Up the Pipeline?

Saw a self described communist getting dragged from the left for a similar take. https://twitter.com/BlackRedGuard1/status/1701016728325726474?t=38vnyQW4clUXtDkqjB-9nQ&s=19

1 Like