GOP Insanity Containment 2: This is the Place. This is the Time, Cowboy.

what’s the endgame here? seems like just drawing another map with 1 D district again and getting sued again is pretty unbeatable

I think from what that guy has said before, best case is the judge has someone independent draw it with the two black districts

Something similar happened in Ohio on state districts in 2022 ( or maybe 2020?). I’m fuzzy on the details at this point.The R controlled state supreme Court ruled the state districts illegal gerrymanders. The maga R state legislature basically said f u. And then everyone was just like welp not enough time now, we will have to use the old districts. And I guess they are still going to use the same old districts again in 2024.

They were running the clock until the R on the court that voted against them retired and got replaced by some MAGA chud in the 2022 elections. Now that that’s happened they should be golden. I think they actually get to re-up their gerrymander every 4 years instead of every 10 under the terms of a ballot initiative that was supposed to stop gerrymandering :leolol:.

That is truly a mind boggling mystery.

1 Like

And it’s a freeroll, because even if it’s a Democrat trifecta, the country is still essentially how they all want it to be, including being able to pretend they want to violently “take it back”

Let’s do a story on him because they took his workers

Were his workers people? Who cares

2 Likes

LOL, I walked right past that restaurant a couple of weeks ago. We ate at a place down the street instead.

TBF this is probably how all young country artists are created these days.

1 Like

Good, the Columbia sucks and has sucked for a long time.

Well, with a Dem US House Speaker with something resembling a spine, that speaker says, “Hi Alabama. Either comply with the SCOTUS ruling, or we’re not going to seat ANY of your reps in the House. Fuck you sue me if you don’t like it.” Under McCarthy? Probably nothing.

Flow is amazing but the lyrics are a dumpster fire. Should have sang about global warming and police brutality and he could have been a legend. Sad.

2 Likes

Yeah it was going OK until he got to the fat people buying fudge with his tax money. He’s the OAN Tyler Childers.

5 Likes

wtf where’s the rest of it?

1 Like

If you’re looking for down home type of country music like this that went to number 1 for the best reason, check this out:

In one of my accidentally hipster moments, I saw Flamy Grant live when they performed at a San Diego Pride event like 2 weeks before all this happened. They’re really great and funny, too.

3 Likes

Thought I posted this already, but maybe I didn’t.

4 Likes

The place we went (the name of which I’ve forgotten) was fine, not awesome. But I guess that is better than Columbia would have been.

I guess it will be a tell when he performs at CPAC