GOP Insanity Containment 2: This is the Place. This is the Time, Cowboy.

Is there really “external pressure” to do anything about that? I’m not sure anyone cares.

Yes:

That’s not pressure. That’s curiosity.

I don’t care what they do. I’m just curious about why.

Older interview (from 2008), but here’s what the President of the organization at the time had to say.

Q: Dear Rev. Barber, this is something that’s always puzzled me. If the term “colored” is considered offensive, why is it still part of the NAACP’s name? Thank you for your time. – Bret Chambers, Wake Forest

A: Great question. To be quite honest, there has been some internal wrestling with the name, but one reason it hasn’t been changed is out of respect for history and the founders.

In 1909, when the organization began, “colored” was one of the more respected identifications used by the larger society when compared with all the other grotesque names used to refer to African-Americans.

Another reason however, is that the NAACP was founded as a multi-ethnic organization by whites, blacks, Jews, Christians, male, female, etc. In fact, the majority of the founders were white. The first chair was a white woman. So, in a sense, it was a “colored” organization dedicated to the eradication of racism and legalized racial discrimination and disparity.

Even today, our mission is broad and covers all minorities: “The mission of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People is to ensure the political, educational, social and economic equality of rights of all persons and to eliminate racial hatred and racial discrimination.”

8 Likes

Thanks. That’s what I was looking for.

2 Likes

I just got a cold email to a general email mailbox for my company from someone at O’Keefe Media Group trying to get him (James O’Keefe) an agent.

Sad!

4 Likes

Hahahaha I did not click on the link to the article when hey_you first posted it, but I just did. These bits in the second paragraph made me laugh out loud in my office:

In early February, a group of Project Veritas employees signed a letter accusing O’Keefe of becoming “a power-drunk tyrant” who was “outright cruel” to employees

Okay, you have my attention! Can you give me some examples of this “power drunk tyrant’s outright cruelty?”

whose misdeeds ranged from eating an eight-months-pregnant woman’s sandwich, to spending company funds on musical theater productions

THIS MAN IS LITERALLY HITLER

2 Likes

I don’t know, eating someone else’s food at the office should be a capital offense.

One of the worst people I’ve ever known in the entertainment industry ate my pizza when I was working super late as an assistant. When I confronted her she threw money at me.

3 Likes

6 Likes

:sob:

4 Likes

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/JoeyMannarinoUS/status/1680925944440139778?t=ZVMX4ybK5ePjKU5R_ZpQIA&s=19

2 Likes

Buy veggies from the Amish and wishing them well may not involve purchasing insurance

Real or soon will be.

Sorta overlaps with the climate imperative, but it’s not too nutty to consider prepping for contingency.

Make a friend of it. Privation of sorts as homage, too

Billy Graham interprets it as sin affects future generations. Our gluttony has reaped the whirlwind. Believe it!

Whoa

oh no. please. don’t go.

:neutral_face:

2 Likes

…but you could use that also to buy only the woke stuff, right?

2 Likes