GOP Insanity Containment 2: This is the Place. This is the Time, Cowboy.

Religion is just a form of government.

Government is a form of religion

I think either works.

1 Like

Fascinating that the one guy that is purportedly an expert in pre-civ societies is the most zealous proponent that these societies were less violent.

The arc of the moral universe is long and it bends towards violence, so to speak.

It’s turtles all the way down

:turtle:

3 Likes

I’ll take a society designed by Christian conservatives over one designed by anarcho-capitalists.

The US is, in fact, better than medieval England.

Nuclear take here.

1 Like

The persecution of Rohingya Muslims in Myanmar dates back to at least the 1970s.[11] Since then, the Rohingya people have been persecuted on a regular basis by the government and Buddhist nationalists.[12]

The Rohingya genocide is a series of ongoing persecutions and killings of the Muslim Rohingya people by the Burmese military.

1 Like

I judge atheism partly based on the behavior of countries that have practiced state atheism.

Results of said judgement?

No but those weren’t real atheists. They misinterpreted the atheist scriptures

1 Like

Higher body count than the fucking crusades.

It was an equitable body count, though.

Drop in the bucket compared to the victims of capitalism

1 Like

Maybe people are just horrible in general and there is no -ism that will prevent people being horrible to other people.

If there was no religion in the US, that vacuum would just be occupied by more QAnon-type stuff.

3 Likes

The GOP just keeps coming up with whopper quotes when it comes to school lunches. Ignoring the obvious that hungry children are obviously the problem of the school district and the state, the insinuation that somehow kids are choosing not to eat almost makes me want to ask, were you ever a kid?

https://twitter.com/MorePerfectUS/status/1641230907251265536?t=upLcb9YurFOlf4xOZm4M9Q&s=19

Religion can exist without power. There’s no such thing as a government without power.

It already is.

I’m saying there will be more. Lots more.

Oh for sure. And stuff much worse than Q. Christianity and churches are >>>>>> the kind of wacky shit these assholes would get into but for its existence.