GOP Insanity Containment 2: This is the Place. This is the Time, Cowboy.

For some reason this discussion reminds me of Howard Johnson hotels. Tasteful aqua blue and orange color palette.

They were dotted all across the highway outskirts of middle America. Went on a cross-country trip with my grandparents when I was a kid and the fried clam strips were to die for.

1 Like

I like it. Not quite as in your face as the suggestion that was posted, but definitely good enough.

My problem is that I am frugal and itā€™s a $30 t-shirt.

Iā€™ll ship you $30 on paypal if you wear it such that itā€™s clearly visible for an 8+ hour session the next time youā€™re in LV. All I ask is for a trip report.

3 Likes

Who the hell is Ashli?

2 Likes

https://mobile.twitter.com/charliekirk11/status/1619086672481906688

https://mobile.twitter.com/charliekirk11/status/1619086674704896001

https://mobile.twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1619151385249091586

Actually the IT in caps just makes me think Ashli deserved having someone ask her if sheā€™d tried turning her computer off and then back on again.

4 Likes

A woman shot and killed by police during the Jan 6 coup. Police were clearly justified in the shooting. For some reason our local edgelord gets off on celebrating her death, like the woman riled up by propaganda is the real heart of the issue here. Guess Iā€™m just glad heā€™s not a Memphis or Minneapolis police officer quite yet and is probably unlikely to go past LARPing about this from moms basement.

For all of Americas many problems one barrier we havenā€™t crossed yet is giving pro poker players any power at anything. For that I remain eternally grateful.

12 Likes

Thanks for the explanation.

I guess Iā€™d like to hear why youā€™re celebrating her death @NotBruceZ? Or link to previous discussion.

She fucked around bigly and found out. Thatā€™s all there is to it. Plenty of people feel like some sort of karmic justice is served when that happens. NBZ just takes that reaction and turns it up to 11.

1 Like

Dems say we need to vote harder. Some here seem to be of the mind that Dems need to legislate harder. I think they are both wrong. I take a look at the configuration of the Democratic coalition and I see it as insufficiently radicalized for these times. The leftists here would have you believe that the voters that Dems rely on need to be radicalized against the establishment to push the party leftward or else kill it and let a more progressive party take its place.

My belief is that our side is insufficiently radicalized to hate Republicans and conservatives and MAGA. We need more people to hate them as much as they hate us. We need to increase the intensity of emotion. To focus that emotion, we need symbols. The right is very good at giving its side people to hate. Theyā€™ve glommed onto Ashli Babbitt as a talking point.

I want to focus hatred of Ashli Babbitt as symbol of January 6. I want people to see her as a bad person who got what she deserved and to think, hey, maybe those other insurrectionists deserve the same thing. Maybe we should stop doing politics the way the Democratic establishment wants to do it, by Marquess of Queensbury rules, and be willing to think outside the box and fight dirty.

Now, does that mean I want everyone here to go out and shoot their local Republican? Not necessarily. Sure, itā€™s an option on the table, but it doesnā€™t have to be used. I just want us to have the mindset where we consider our full range of options and donā€™t take options off the table unilaterally. I donā€™t think people understand that nuance about me.

People accuse me of edgelording. Edgelording is throwing stuff out there for shock value to appear cool. Iā€™m not trying to be cool. I have a purpose thatā€™s not shock value. I may be wrong, I may be insane, I may have delusions of grandeur, but everything I post in this forum is sincere and not some pose to get a reaction out of people.

4 Likes

The 2022 midterms was the first time that ā€œturn some of the not-insane R votersā€ actually worked instead of just ā€œDems need to vote harderā€. Not sure where this leads, but at least we know thereā€™s a line for some small sliver of R voters.

The trouble with your approach is that conservativesā€™ and liberalsā€™ brains are wired differently. Literally. Iā€™m sure youā€™ve seen reports of the studies on this. The reason the left doesnā€™t work the same way as the right is because the tactics of the right wonā€™t work on us.

So you can try, but brains that are literally wired to feel more compassion just arenā€™t going to be as influenced by left-wing campaigns like the right wing media uses.

1 Like

The other trouble with the approach is itā€™s evil.

1 Like

Good 'ol hojos. I think the last one went under during the pandemic in Lake George, NY

1 Like

JGG has some wilt like numbers.

I remember my family going to a HoJo or two when I was young. We used to take long road trips all the time when we were young. They were certainly a staple.

1 Like

You told us like two weeks ago in ATM that you use this forum as sort of a test lab to see what reactions you get from posting certain things.