GOP Insanity Containment 2: This is the Place. This is the Time, Cowboy.

chinese dinner? damn :flushed:

A wide range, and a range that nobody will ever be granted the top or bottom ends are not the same thing

Vanity Fair continues to be the most essential chronicle of post-Trump politics. Their piece on the Trump Hotel martini and the one about Trump cashing novelty checks continues to be the definitive portrait of Donald Trump.

1 Like

MTG has to be a huge favorite in a 1-on-1 cage fight with boebert, right?

1 Like

Ate there Sunday, one of the best fast food chains. Wife loves their chicken strips.

There is a combo A&W/Longjohn Silvers by me but I have never seen another A&W restaurant. But the root beer is still around.

A&W is still a thing in Canada I think.

You see them here and there still. Get the root beer at the store probably once per year.

Location list first 20 are within 238 miles of me. Closest towns are Bethlehem and Pottsville PA. I’m outside Philly.

There used to be one in my hometown. They had frosted mugs, which were pretty elite for root beer floats. Can’t remember the last time I saw one, though.

A&W Root Beer’s got that frosty mug taste!

mtg is going to show up crossfit ready. but boeb will be strapped. it’s a tough call actually

4 Likes

If you road trip through the country enough, you’ll see A&Ws around.

I’m in my company’s office in downtown Toronto right now (Working hard! Thank you!) and there are 3 A&Ws within a 5 minute walk of me and like a dozen in downtown Toronto.

3 Likes

A & W Canada is apparently completely unaffiliated with A & Ws in the rest of the world and have been since 1972.

I was referring to loving the Canadian ones.

edit: per wiki, more Canadian locations than there are in the rest of the world combined despite half the employees.

1 Like

I grew up un a small town in Iowa and we had an A&W drive-in:

We also had a Lil’ Duffer:

oh that’s true, mccarthy removed all the magnetometers so it’s anything goes

til A&W is a place, not just a root beer.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure A&W in the USA is limited to towns under 20k people. Maybe even 10k.

They are often on the outskirts of big cities right off the highway (or at least there were in Texas). I had a friend in college who loved them for some reason, and any time we went on a road trip he’d want to stop at one. There was one right outside both Houston and Dallas.

We have 3 in SLC. One is not far from the university. Walking distance from here (long walk but I’d probably want to work off whatever they serve there).