GOP Insanity Containment 2: This is the Place. This is the Time, Cowboy.

I believe his position is that he was not a drag queen. And I think it’s an issue because his party has started an all-out war against drag queens, but have accepted this guy into Congress despite his insane lying. The Republicans need his vote, so they’ve accepted the lying, and if they accept the drag queen thing too, it makes their criticisms seem pretty hollow.

1 Like

We dont need to dig out old videos of something completely harmless, to confirm hes lying. If his mouths open. Hes lying.

Some of the time (not saying here) this gets play because there still an element that this is somehow salacious, or shameful, or embarrassing.

So Kevin McCarthy just lurks here and takes the midpoint of my range? Sad!

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1616118423704010752

1 Like

People buy stuff way more than they get paychecks. Obviously it will never see the light of day, but if the GOP passed a 30% sales tax Biden would win re-election by 40 points.

2 Likes

Then you don’t know how stupid cis gay men are. A significant percentage of them rail against drag queens every day, and were already doing this for decades before the latest “groomer” shit from the right.

I’d say about a quarter of white cis gay USA men believe that anything other than “passing as straight” in terms of mannerisms, speech, dress, and personality is shameful. They’re very upset that they get associated with any of it, and they want it wiped out because they think it’s the reason the right hates gay people.

This element has always been present. It was anti-Stonewall, etc.

When dating they’ll call themselves masc4masc, to indicate they’re not “fem” and not looking for any “fem” guys.

Guilty as charged.

1 Like

We’re a very stupid people!!!

But seriously it just tickled me thinking of how many people’s lawnmowers would be in orbit upon reading you halfway imply that gay = liking drag queens

Or at least, equals not wanting to execute all drag queens

I wasn’t even implying that they liked them necessarily, just that they would support their right to be themselves and live their lives as they so choose. So, closer to that last sentence.

1 Like

That percentage seems approximate for white cis USA men in total

1 Like

Obviously unconstitutional in front of any other modern SCOTUS besides the current one

I think it is more about “health” than cost. But the no fresh meats wouldn’t make sense in that context.

https://twitter.com/MacFarlaneNews/status/1617563611651620867?s=20&t=l1is3lXEvXvodUZsI4xvcg
https://twitter.com/MacFarlaneNews/status/1617570382122303503?s=20&t=l1is3lXEvXvodUZsI4xvcg

1 Like

VAT in Denmark and Sweden is 25%.

McGonigal retired from the FBI in 2018.

McGonigal and Shestakov, who worked for the FBI investigating oligarchs, allegedly agreed in 2021 to investigate a rival Russian oligarch in return for payments from Deripaska, according to the Justice Department.

Time frame seems problematic

Yes, but

The nine-count indictment alleges between August 2017 and September 2018, leading up to his retirement from the FBI New York Field Office, McGonigal concealed from the bureau his relationship with this unidentified former foreign intelligence officer all while traveling abroad with the person and meeting foreign nationals. The person is described as an Albanian national who was employed by a Chinese energy conglomerate.

We know Rudy had some contacts in the NY FBI, and I like the fact the FBI is going after this guy. Maybe he did some leaks, or maybe he knows someone who did. Would probably be inclined to cooperate.

2 Likes

Are they calling the new proposed tax a VAT tax or is it just a sales tax?