GOP Insanity Containment 2: This is the Place. This is the Time, Cowboy.

Over the weekend, parents, students and others in the Baugo district defended Hosinski, who has been an educator for 40 years. Hosinski was named Teacher of the Year in 2020, according to a Jimtown High School social media post.

Students organized a walkout Monday morning in support of Hosinski, hours before video surveillance footage was posted on The Tribune’s website.

A Change.org petition supporting the teacher had secured more than 1,300 signatures by 9 p.m. Monday.

Terry Hilyard, a retired business manager for Baugo schools, criticized the district’s response to disciplinary issues among students and what he saw as a lack of support for teachers.

“When you’re talking about … blame,” Hilyard said, “It’s a shared thing, the administration, the high school and the board.”

This is not the first time Hosinski’s conduct as a teacher has been called into question.

In 2019, the Northern Indiana Atheists announced its intention to file a complaint after a parent told the group that Hosinski told students in his class “Hillary and Obama are criminals, President Donald Trump is great, and Democrats are liars.”

2 Likes

“Jimtown High School” doesn’t sound real.

It’s sounds like someone got cute with “Jamestown” or something.

“Jamestown is my father, you can call me Jimtown.”

13 Likes

A press release from the school district said the teacher confronted the student about a hoodie worn to class.

Physical assault seems like a proportional response for wearing a hoodie, just ask George Zimmerman.

Shocked he is a deep trumper.

Such a fucking demon,

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1499825124563898374?s=20&t=imyu3NwMkaYkhEgtOSA4uw

4 Likes

16 Likes

https://twitter.com/mkt_sentiment/status/1499585220001304576
https://twitter.com/mkt_sentiment/status/1499585225546170370

not just russians who got rekt with the sanctions

oh the TRS one reportedly sold it all last week. can’t imagine anyone would’ve tipped them off on that

Guess we can’t trust Hannity anymore:
https://www.rawstory.com/steve-bannon-sean-hannity/

3 Likes

I went to high school with this doofus and that picture was taken about a mile from my house (I walk my dog to that park regularly)

1 Like

It’s still real to me dammit!

3 Likes

At this moment, the United States Navy is preparing to deploy a 10,000-ton warship carrying 320 officers and sailors, along with missiles, torpedoes, and a mounted artillery gun. This ship, known as a guided-missile destroyer, defends the United States and its allies on the seas. Although its next mission remains secret, it may bolster American military presence in Europe as Russian aggression pushes the continent into war. But the Navy cannot currently deploy this warship, because it has lost trust in its commanding officer, an anti-vaxxer who has repeatedly disobeyed lawful orders, misled superiors, and allegedly exposed dozens of his crew to COVID-19 due to a refusal to get tested.

The Navy wants to remove this officer, whom I’ll call John Doe, from command of the destroyer. But it can’t, because a single federal judge in Tampa has forbidden it. This judge has overruled multiple admirals and captains who assert, under oath, that deploying the ship with Doe in charge would imperil national security. He instead ordered the Navy, under threat of sanction, to keep this disobedient officer in charge of a $1.8 billion warship.

But Merryday did not merely exempt Doe and Smith from the mandate. Rather, he handed down a sweeping restraining order that prohibited the Navy from taking any “adverse action” against the plaintiffs because of their unvaccinated status. Specifically, he barred the Navy from reassigning them for any reason whatsoever.

This order created immediate problems. An active-duty member of the Marine Corps, Smith is slated to take command of a Combat Logistics Battalion later this year. As Lieutenant General W.M. Jurney attested, this commander must disembark at ally nations all over the world. Many of these countries require all U.S. service members to be vaccinated against COVID before stepping on their shores. Because she is unvaccinated, Smith is not “worldwide deployable,” in Jurney’s words. And yet Merryday has forced the Navy to deploy her.

But Doe poses the bigger threat. He is currently the commanding officer of a warship that may soon set sail. If he falls seriously ill at sea—which is more likely because he refuses the vaccine—he may thwart the entire mission. The issue, however, goes deeper than that. In declarations, Vice Admiral D.W. Dwyer and Captain Frank Brandon explained that Doe’s anti-vax beliefs are part of a broader pattern of insubordination. Brandon testified that last November, he spoke with Doe on Doe’s ship one day before its scheduled departure. Doe was experiencing multiple symptoms of COVID, and appeared to have a relatively severe case; he could, Brandon recalled, “barely speak.” Yet Doe refused to get tested—a clear violation of protocol—and attended a briefing in a cramped room with about 60 other people. Brandon ordered Doe to get a test, which revealed that he did, indeed, have COVID, and exposed dozens of others to the virus.

Doe engaged in other deceptive behavior. For instance, when requesting leave, he concealed the fact that he was flying to another state, which would have triggered a mandatory risk assessment. After Brandon discovered this subterfuge, he learned that Doe had traveled to a high-risk area, requiring five days’ quarantine upon return. Doe did not inform his Executive Officer of this extended absence, creating a “significant and very rare” disruption “across the waterfront” during a crucial phase of ship preparation. Brandon concluded that Doe “intentionally deceived me,” “put his crew at risk,” “failed to comply with the Navy’s COVID-19 policies,” and engaged in “negligent behavior” in “performance of his duties.”

In light of these fears, the Department of Justice pleaded with Merryday to pause his decision. On Wednesday, he declined. Merryday scorned the notion that Doe might get sick, writing that he is “triumphantly fit and slim and strong.” He also implied that Navy leadership may be lying about Doe’s insubordination in retaliation against his religious beliefs. Merryday declined to fully credit their testimony until he could subject them to cross-examination. He concluded that the plaintiffs’ right to religious liberty trumps the Navy’s profound national security concerns.

The Navy and the federal judiciary are therefore in a standoff. The Navy will not deploy Doe’s warship until he is stripped of command. Merryday will not allow it to do so. As a result, Merryday has effectively taken a 10,000 ton, $1.8 billion guided-missile destroyer out of commission.

Lawl

2 Likes

But does he get tears in his eyes when thanking tRUmp while repeatedly calling him “Sir?”

That’s the true test of manhood.

1 Like

If people’s kink is feeling shame for their kink, is it then ok to kink shame?

Just saw a Ron Johnson ad.

Apparently Joe Biden campaigned from his basement and that is bad or something.

Pour the irony into my morning coffee

https://twitter.com/MeghanMcCain/status/1499825360640389127

1 Like

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1500256493886578689

It’s going to come down to Desantis vs. Lindell for the 2024 nomination isn’t it? I think I just Stay-Puf Marshmallow Man-ned that into existence.

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1500250809166032898?s=20&t=FM8YuF5eBd09_yaAT5c4vQ

Gosar looking healthy, doing a pretty sweet Axl Rose impersonation

jungle-welcome