GOP Insanity Containment 2: This is the Place. This is the Time, Cowboy.

He didnt stop Obama from wearing a tan suit that one time. Seems impeachable to me. No leadership skills

lol, no they don’t.

I stand corrected.

Would be so awesome if they simply impeach for him being a dem. That would be the only logical end to the last 6 years.

The GOP majority is narrow enough that they will need a real reason.

2 Likes

The description of an impeachable offense as “whatever a majority of the House of Representatives considers it to be at a given moment in history” was given by Gerald Ford, then the House minority leader, in 1970.

There have been several interpretations of what “high crimes and misdemeanors” means. One interpretation is that it includes abuse of power.

I would not be the least bit surprised if they impeach him 3 times for nothing, just to make the point that he was impeached more than Trump for things they consider equally serious to the charges brought against Trump.

2 Likes

They’ve already done this.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-resolution/57

1 Like

Something something Hunter.

Something something the border.

Something something inflation.

It won’t just be “for nothing” on the actual articles, but it will be nonsense.

The Magic Words are in the Constitution. The Constitution provides that the grounds of impeachment are for treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors. Deplorables are adept at defining words to mean whatever they want when they want it, so this will not be a problem. “High crimes and misdemeanors” is not a defined term in the Constitution as far as I can tell, so naturally Republicans will conclude that they means “whatever Joe Biden did”, ldo.

Well, Hunter Biden committed crimes while high, so there you go.

16 Likes

MGT negotiated a promise from leadership to investigate Nancy Pelosi for January 6th crimes so not sure the narrow majority going to stop nonsense

I view “impeach” as securing 218 votes to remove from office, rather than “nonsense”.

lol

Did they ever look into Burisma or Benghazi or Fast and Furious or if Hilary’s emails were bleached onto Hunter’s laptop or…?

Welcome to the conversation an hour ago. Glad you got your internet point though. :+1:

I agree with Chapo’s take here which is that they are not going to impeach Biden. The members from more moderate areas - New York in particular - cannot politically afford to support nonsense like this, therefore a vote would fail. The establishment knows this and will not support an effort doomed to failure. Maybe some Freedom Caucus psycho will try to do it anyway, but the establishment will not support it.

3 Likes

Even if impeachment is off the table, I can see them launching endless Benghazi-style hearings that the Dems will cooperate with like morons.

Yeah I would guess we will get LAPTOP HEARINGS. Probably not covid or Afghanistan, nobody cares anymore. The laptop story has the right amount of soap opera intrigue.

1 Like

Only if hunter shows up which I can’t imagine he would… Right?

Fully concur. Enough non crazies there should be some defections.