GOP Insanity Containment 2: This is the Place. This is the Time, Cowboy.

RWNJ madlibs:

At my kid’s school they’re required to have a __________________ because one of the kids identifies as a ________________.

Find a combo RWNJ’s won’t believe!

3 Likes

Big hole in the ground/zombie?

1 Like

At my kid’s school they’re required to have a school shooting drill because one of the kids identifies as a person who doesn’t want to die.

18 Likes

Too soon?

The entire article is filled with line after line of this “and he did not respond to a request for comment from NBC News.”

Just over and over and over again. Fucking yellow ass cowards.

At my kid’s school they’re required to have a William Shatner mask because one of the kids identifies as a Michael Meyers.

1 Like

I’ve noticed that my dad, an avid Fox News viewer, will believe all kinds of ridiculous Facebook nonsense but will believe anything from a “liberal” source without confirmation (he was pro-mask and pro-vaccine for the last couple of years, although the masks came off pretty quickly one they were vaccinated). One time he warned my wife and I that martial law was going to be declared based on the phoniest looking “announcement” I’d ever seen. Not sure how one really ends up with this level of brainworms.

If there really were litter boxes in schools, some kid would have taken a selfie with one by now.

I know an extremely intelligent, very successful lawyer in the GOP in the DC area and despite being on the tier of republican that understands that propaganda is propaganda, sometimes stuff like this will sneak into his radar and he falls for it and I laugh and he gets a bit irritated I think that he was misled. however, you gotta be willing to be misled to even get there - it’s still always startling to me how potent the propaganda is out there to these types though.

There can be a whole lot of confirmation bias in “misled”.

Deep in the conservative psyche is the belief that whatever you hear about is just the tip of the iceberg, as society spirals away from their control in ways they can scarcely imagine. It doesn’t matter whether it’s strictly true that a school in Colorado gave a kid a litter box; that’s the direction things are going regardless.

This imaginary bullshit (welfare queens, gang initiations, satanic panic, doctors getting a check for every covid death in their practice) always follows the conservative rhetoric, and never leads it.

Remember when gay marriage was being debated, Fox News slappys’ favorite line was “what’s next–you’ll be able to marry a duck?” Obvious through line to this myth right now.

8 Likes

9 Likes

Raise

9 Likes

This is hilarious. Strongly recommend to watch.

1 Like

Heres a chaser not about ducks but fits the theme of the thread topic

8 Likes

OMG. Why have I never heard of Garfunkel and Oates before today??

No idea but you should check out their catalogue. The Loophole is a masterclass in christian satire

1 Like

Both of them were on The Big Bang Theory.

3 Likes

Well thats not going to help anyone recognize them

8 Likes

They have some misses, but most of their songs are great. Loophole is GOAT tier.