GOP Insanity Containment 2: This is the Place. This is the Time, Cowboy.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-10-12/alex-jones-must-pay-almost-1-billion-for-sandy-hook-lies

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1580285298294259712?t=X0cMM4_7i4Zk1KgmvSMqyA&s=19

In before oops turns out I went bankrupt yesterday

2 Likes

Not giving up on this one. Jones does not have the infrastructure in place to survive anything like this. He alerady spends 70% of his episodes begging for money.

These parents will collect, in full or not, to the point that Jones (who has like 0 advertisers) will not be able to keep the lights on

Judge reading off the settlement amounts:

9 Likes

Jones: This must be what hellā€™s like.

The main thing is theyā€™ll get enough to hound him and dog his every financial step to the day he dies.

Yup.

Talk to me when heā€™s:

• In jail.
  • Homeless.
  • Dead.

Until then, I donā€™t care.

4 Likes

How about until he cant broadcast his bullshit anymore?

Isnā€™t he now high risk for fleeing the country?

Better than the alternative, but completely insufficient.

Yep. Even if it gets this far, sheriffs in Texas will pretend they canā€™t find any of his property to satisfy the judgment.

Vince 3 definitely, saving the 4 for if heā€™s actually forced to pay.

looks like the total is 965mm

I expect this to turn out about like the OJ civil trial verdicts.

Not even sure he can appeal. He already flaunted his disrespect of the law which lead to the default judgement in the first place.

And whos going to represent him? You think Norm fucking Pattis is going to sign on again when hes unlikely to see a dime?

Oj didnt really have an income stream though. These rubes who listen keep pumping cash into infowars.

I really donā€™t think he has the pull or the wherewithal to get out of this jam the way a guy like Tucker Carlson would (cue narrator).

If alex Jones is in prison because he tried to steal something back id be happy

2 Likes

The question is, will his lawyers or will the victims families bet more $$?

Joke will be on us when Alex starts a gofundme to help pay for the settlements and ends up collecting an extra billiion from it.