GOP Insanity Containment 2: This is the Place. This is the Time, Cowboy.

Its time consuming to have an aide transcribe the original crayon scribbles into Twitter.

2 Likes

Shepard Smith throwing Fox under the bus is sure to be a good time.

1 Like

I hope Dominion is also trying to obtain messages from the FOX Newsroom computer system. That’s the place where scripts and rundowns and all things pertaining to the shows are kept. That’s where they’d find the most action I think. Newsroom personnel usually don’t get a lot of emails or text messages about news content. The communications are done through the internal newsroom system.

Rand Paul has to be moving up the charts of ‘biggest scumbags alive’.

1 Like

find someone who will look at you the way rand paul wants to repeal some law that would benefit the russians

Robert Pape, a professor at the University of Chicago who studies political violence, has conducted half a dozen nationwide polls since the Jan. 6 attack and has repeatedly found the same results: that between 15 million and 20 million American adults believe that violence would be justified to return Mr. Trump to office.

This kind of “community support,” Mr. Pape said, can normalize violence.

“Community support lowers the threshold at which volatile people will take action,” Mr. Pape said, “because he or she will tell themselves that people in the community actually support them. Maybe it’s only 10 percent of the community, but that’s still a large group.”

Mr. Pape and other violence researchers often compare conditions in the United States to those of dry forest with lots of combustible material on the ground. All it takes is a spark, like the search of Mar-a-Lago, to ignite the tinder.

With Mr. Trump facing multiple investigations even as he considers yet another run for office, there are many possible sparks that could flare up in the days and weeks ahead.

“We’re in wildfire season,” Mr. Pape said, “and will be for quite some time.”

This is basically the sort of rhetoric I think should be used against Republicans. We are in an existential war, we are defending democracy, and they are evil.

If political aggression is set in the context of a war, she suggested, ordinary people with no prior history of violence are more likely to accept it. Political violence can also be made more palatable by couching it as defensive action against a belligerent enemy. That is particularly true if an adversary is persistently described as irredeemably evil or less than human.

He was already near the top for me because libertarians are the worst.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1558849930948534273?t=Tj_aj6Ni6ICRXzDHIhoGnQ&s=19

“Replace teachers with veterans” is one of the dumbest ideas I’ve ever heard

10 Likes

All depends on the outcome your looking to achieve. But fascism is the plauge of the stupid.

2 Likes

The ones with PTSD should bring something unique to the classroom.

2 Likes
5 Likes
1 Like

I guess he’s one of these people for who this movie is not a satire but a rulebook lol

1 Like

Not needing to know anything about a subject you teach is the most central idea to the GOP ethos.

You can so easily envision how this idea was born.

People like veterans.
People hate teachers.

Like duh. How did we not think of this earlier.

3 Likes

Peak will be his next policy where we replace all the doctors and medical professionals with veterans.

He is an idiot. This is not good presidential politics. Dude has no chance of being President but when does the early favorite ever actually win?

5 Likes

Bringing in guns won’t make them unique in a classroom setting.