GOP Insanity Containment 2: This is the Place. This is the Time, Cowboy.

You can’t demand a new trial based on crazy stuff you do. The plan would be that you do enough crazy stuff to force the other side to demand a mistrial (although I think the judge could grant one on her own). The plaintiff’s lawyers have claimed that is what Jones and his legal team are trying to do, but say that don’t want a mistrial.

Is he going to jail or what?

LOL of course not he’s never even been charged with a crime

https://mobile.twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1554867649150156805

Lawbro twitter can’t help themselves with the “too prejudicial should be disallowed” and “duty to tell other side” takes. Just the fucking worst of humanity

2 Likes

Five minutes from my house this AM:

1 Like

They ask for a discount code?

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1554874905526734848?s=21&t=Zb0S1c_eyWsk2KP0HDibcA

3 Likes

Doubtful. The one person that may actually get screwed by this is his lawyer. The judge hates him and seems pretty likely she’d going to grant a motion for sanctions against him. Might just be a slap on the wrist, but I could see him being suspended or disbarred.

Jones is going to have to pay lots of money, but good luck collecting on it.

Oh good, the sociopath making $800,000/day might have to pay some fines.

Its a civil trial. I believe the hope is he ends up on the hook for 100 miion +

1 Like

WAS making is an important distinction. His numbers have tanked in the last two years (aside from an anonymous 8 million dollar bitcoin donation, which I believe he didnt disclose until forced)

Got 3 hours and want to know why Jordan Peterson is a fucking moron?

Cody’s Showdy has got you covered.

1 Like

I can’t think of anything I’d less rather do with my time than watch a 3 hour discussion of Jordan Peterson

18 Likes

the fact that someone was even able to produce a THREE HOUR yootoob about JP without going insane is itself pretty amazing

3 Likes

Im not at the end yet. I cant guarantee this doesnt drive Cody insane.

1 Like

It’s brief though

4 Likes

Just dont check the timestamp

1 Like

It’s conveniently broken up into 8 segments. Twenty minute average segment length is… still too much for me. I think I got the jist after 3 minutes and it’s consistent with my existing view so that’s good enough.

1 Like

So apparently the Alex Jones phone data was sent 12 days ago and the rule is

Other atty provides notice of receiving the information. This starts a clock. After 10 days if there is no response the information is fair game AND can be subpoenaed by folks like the committee and DOJ and it’s kosher and useable?

What kind of rules are these and what kind of a moron are his attorneys?

So in discovery there are often provisions allowing a party to clawback privileged and other confidential information that is inadvertently produced. Often there is also an obligation on the opposing party to notify if they believe such material has been produced (and that you can’t immediately review it). Say for instance you are reviewing emails produced by the opposing party and see a bunch with their lawyer, your obligation would be to quarantine those emails (or perhaps the entire production they were in), notify the producing party, and give them a chance to fix the production.

It sounds like here, the discovery rules provides ten days after notification for the producing party to review and determine if anything needs to be clawed back. Once that 10 day period runs, they lose any right to object to the opposing party reviewing and using it. This also means the documents are now in plaintiffs’ lawyers control and thus they can be subpoenaed from them rather than having to get from Jones.

Once the data was produced, Jones was already screwed. They couldn’t clawback based anything other than privileged or confidential information (which doesn’t mean private, but things like trade secrets). Given they got raw data, it was possible there was protected information on the phone, so plaintiffs’ lawyers didn’t want to be accused of taking advantage of Jones’ lawyers mistake to review privileged/confidential information.

5 Likes