GOP Insanity Containment 2: This is the Place. This is the Time, Cowboy.

What in the everloving fuck?

My wife just told me that a Jewish mom’s group she’s a member of on Facebook has found out about the new logo and has given the school an earful. The school said that it is taking a step back to evaluate (this was all said privately, in e-mails).

I’m assuming it is just an extremely unfortunate coincidence and not anything intentional, but I would be curious who designed it, just to see if it’s possible it was malicious. Now, if the school doesn’t change it, gloves come off.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be giving anybody the benefit of the doubt these days. You draw a Nazi looking logo I’m going to assume you’re a Nazi.

18 Likes

7 Likes

https://twitter.com/baseballcrank/status/1549389359987793922

Baseball crank got the libs on this one.

2 Likes

“oh you think this other evil person is bad? so when you said the first evil person was bad, you were just admitting you have a problem with evil people? CHESSMATE LIBZ”

5 Likes

Yeah first thing I thought was there’s a hidden swastika in there somewhere.

I think these things are usually a little bit more complicated. Like at best you haven’t fostered any diversity in key positions in an organization, or worse, people have come to have positive associations with this type of design without necessarily consciously doing it.

People who design things for a living tend to by very aware of symbolism and association, especially if they’ve received any formal education in the field. Even if this person was somehow oblivious to Nazi imagery, it’s still a very dark and militarized logo that says, “We’re the baddies”.

1 Like

Needs more skulls, IMO.

3 Likes

Would be nice to know how many people looked at this and said “this is fine”.

1 Like

A local news website has picked up the story (don’t know anything about the site, but the story is pretty thorough, despite not showing the actual Nazi eagle):

Yeah, looking at it some more, even if there was no such thing as a Nazi eagle, the logo just looks bad. It looks like someone made it who has “graphic design is my passion” on their resume.

And it sounds like it was developed on the district level, not by the school specifically.

1 Like

How many people probably looked at that new logo between design and announcement to the public?

And you’re trying to tell me that NOT ONE person in this group said “Isn’t that kinda similar to that Nazi symbol?”

1 Like

I am willing to buy that 100s of typical Americans could look at that and not make the connection, simply because the typical American is ignorant.

1 Like

Yeah, I’d think most people wouldn’t make the connection. As a Jew and a fan of the Wolfenstein games, I immediately saw it. Those who take an interest in history probably saw it, but other than that, since it’s not actually a swastika, I doubt most people would know what’s going on there.

Atlanta Journal-Constitution has picked up the story. Top headline on front page of website (paywalled, though).

EDIT: Every ATL news outlet is picking it up now. Looks like it will be on the evening news. CNN will probably find it, too, since they’re in Atlanta.

As this story picks up steam, what the over/under on how long it takes for some QAnon school board member to say the CRT liberals are making a big deal out of nothing, the Holocaust wasn’t even real, DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH!

My representative on the school board has posted links to Breitbart and Front Page Mag on his Facebook page. He also posted some antivax/anti-mask stuff that I can’t see anymore, but can tell from the comments. I believe he also sent an e-mail once referring to COVID-19 as the China Virus.

https://twitter.com/dellavolpe/status/1549534789736271872

I don’t believe that 65+ number moving by 25 points but did R’s come out and actually say out loud they were gonna take social security and medicare, cause that would do that and man would that be a stupid thing to say