Good guys with guns and robot dogs: The police?

Serial killing is the last great American institution left and now they are hiring day labourers to do the body disposal. Not putting in an honest days digging in the woods like proper serial killers of the past. Its disgraceful.

1 Like

https://x.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/1725594951281414398?s=20

Rio Rancho officers talk with Cardana about the firearms inside the home.

“You’re a firearms guy?” an officer asked.

“Oh, yeah,” Cardana said.

“Nice,” the officer said.

“They’re loaded. They’re ready to go,” Cardana said.

“We don’t need to see them,” the officer said. “There’s one probably right there in that case. And I see another one over there.”

The officer continued saying, “I like folks that have guns,” since he is a gun owner himself. As the officers begin to say their goodbyes to Cardana and Fannell, she begs them to stay at the home.

Stay up-to-date: The latest headlines from KOAT Action 7 News

Then, the conversation continues between Cardana and Fannell once the officers say they have to go.

“What did you say?” Fannell asked.

“I said you’re fine until I kill you,” Cardana said.

“All right? He’s threatened to do that,” Fannell said to the Rio Rancho police officers.

“Get out of here now,” Cardana said to the officers. “Go away.”

The two officers leave, and four hours later, 911 receives another call. This time from a neighbor.

“The neighbor man was screaming for help and told us to call the police,” the neighbor said. “He says he’s killed her.”

Police returned to find Cardana covered in blood. He had just shot and killed Fannell, according to court documents. KOAT legal expert John Day says more could have been done.

Jfc. Does anyone here have any positive interactions with police they can share? Just curious because I don’t

I heard a story one time where someone dressed as a police officer showed up to a bachelorette party. Then he successfully used the heimliech maneuver to save the maid of honors life.

That is as close as I can get.

3 Likes

I’ve had nothing but good interactions with police for at least 10 years including police giving me warnings when I definitely should have gotten tickets

3 Likes

I’m also a white guy.

8 Likes

I am a middle aged white guy who had multiple run ins with law enforcement during my younger years while dealing with serious substance abuse issues. I have been arrested numerous times and spent significant stretches in county jails although I never graduated to state prison.

I can count the times I was treated with dignity or with any modicum of respect by police on one finger and I was still treated significantly better than I’ve seen them treat POC also in custody.

8 Likes

There have been 2 times where the police were at my house to “help” me and my family and they were so infuriatingly worthless and slimey my natural distrust of the police grew into disdain.

I got pulled over for speeding (barely, maaaaybe doing 45 in a residential 35 zone) about 1/4 mile from my house, the cop looked at my license and said “oh you’re almost home” and let me go.

I am white

Pulling you over is still not a positive interaction, imo, even without a ticket. I’d put that one in the negative column. Just way less negative than it could have been.

8 Likes

If the kangaroo was black this article would be titled “Dead Kangaroo Assaulted Police in Officer Involved Shooting”.

2 Likes

Imagine feeling your building shake, come downstairs to find a police car crashed through the wall of your bar and the police officer is asking for your identification

2 Likes

3 Likes

shocked pikachu:

4 Likes

I gotta stop coming in here. Just rage every time.

Thread from the bar owners’ attorney:

https://twitter.com/javadesq/status/1737639171404218434

4 Likes

I can save the LA Sheriffs dept a bunch of money and just take care of the investigation now -

“Victim presents as a 27 year old black woman. Shooting justified.”