Good guys with guns and robot dogs: The police?

I agree. I’m probably the biggest Beto slappy here (and honestly I’m not that enamored of him), but everyone seems to think the dude is a joke and/or a thinly veiled shitlib.

1 Like

Not Matthew McConaughey?

His speaking style is a touch too performative or at least look ls that way. Just look at him at 0:38 in that video. What is he doing? Just stand up and talk.

I don’t disagree, but I think I do think it’s just a touch.

Now someone like Cory Booker is overly performative. Dude seems like he would be an average student in Gene Cousineau’s acting class.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/naomirhelm/status/1561436191895035904?s=21&t=UuMVCeKHGXP_DKLSm1cPJw

jfc

What the actual fuck. Man it’s hard to not hate every police officer when this shit is so pervasive and none of those three criminals would ever be at the slightest risk of facing consequences without a third party filming this. Even with the video, odds are all three of them get promoted before getting arrested.

1 Like

And he’s not even Black!

Yup. They’re put there proving they aren’t racist.

I didn’t watch the video that closely, but I just assumed that he was.

Look how many times they say “appearing to…”

“A violent encounter”

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1561551428518400001?s=20&t=insi8cxgybNO7OoQz6SJWA

“Republican lawmakes say the police were merely doing vigorous calisthenics when the alleged victim wandered into range of their swinging fists and knees.”

1 Like

Once you start looking for copaganda it is perpetually enraging.

I had reason to visit the LA Sheriff’s Department headquarters recently. The walls are full of murals saying “HONESTY” and “INTEGRITY” etc. The LA Sheriff’s Department! Unbelievably surreal.

it’s funny because “at no time were weapons of any time used by anyone” means they kicked the shit out of them but if you just like lightly touch an officer with your foot when you have a sock on they’ll absolutely consider the sock a deadly weapon when booking you for assault

2 Likes

So I’d probably be charged if I was there and gave into my overwhelming desire to throw those two chairs and threaten to follow up with the table if the chairs didn’t get their attention. Seems wrong.

You’d probably be dead.

A very real possibilty, but would be very hard for me to not jump in there. Probably impossible if it’s friends or family getting beat on.

ETA: I’m going to go out and replace the ignition coils in my truck in a few. Might be ready to challenge some automotive engineers to a fight by the time I’m done.

2 Likes

Chairs won’t make an effective weapon. You should look for something heavy enough to do damage but light enough to carry so you can run up to them at normal speed and nail one at least one in the back of the neck.