GOAT TV Theme Songs: Bracket Set (Post 1228), Finals: Jeffersons vs. Mssion: Impossible

Because it hits so many of us so hard in the childhood. But when I listen to them side-by-side that goes away quickly.

1 Like

I don’t like the theme song. Maybe because it’s in 3/4. That’s only 75% of the beats per measure of an ordinary song, and only 60% of Mission: Impossible.

1 Like

no I like it too but to me it sounds like what a hormone would write. I was secret skeptic until like S01E03 and then I was hooked too. But that’s on me—I also used to want to not love Philip Glass until I finally grew up and admitted that I think he’s awesome. But I’m never going to think that about say Einaudi. Dunno where Ramin Djawadi is on that scale but I sure do have a lot of his music on running playlists and shit

1 Like

I like the Games of Thrones theme OK but I wish it had lyrics that explain the plot of the show.

3 Likes

Check out the Peter Dinklage version posted earlier. Elite lyrics.

4 Likes

Updated version with lyrics

1 Like

I think I agree with @eyebooger on all votes this round, which I think is a first. I am more enthusiastic for the X-Files, and my vote for Matlock is more to give it a decent showing in it’s departure. It’s a better song in isolation than the Addams family, but I grant that the Addams family has made a far, far greater impact on pop culture. I am pretty surprised that the Muppets are taking down the Simpsons, even if I like the Muppets theme.

2 Likes

Addams Family and Munsters’ themes are both quite cute. Neither is anywhere near GOAT-worthy.

1 Like

Done, and I have prematurely advanced the lopsided matchups. I can fix any if need be, but I probably won’t be able update the bracket again until late tomorrow night, so I’ll be early now so you can see what to post.

2 Likes

The Adams Family is more iconic than good, but it is up against one of the worst songs of the last three rounds and performing appropriately.

I put every Matlock voter from this round on ignore for a month, please reciprocate you awful heathens who voted for a sad trombone without soul.

1 Like

and yet you voted for Rawhide over Sanford & Son. I’m not even sure I have a soul after watching that black hole of artistic judgement.

3 Likes

I love Sanford & Son, but Rawhide is in the GOAT conversation.

But of course the clear GOAT winner lost to fucking Sesame Street in the first round.

2 Likes

Wait GoT beat Rawhide?!???

JFC you people

3 Likes

No one will remember GoT’s theme in 60 years, but Rawhide’s theme is already 60 years old and may still be a thing in 60 years. Also, it is better right now.

3 Likes

4 Likes

I think the Rawhide theme is great but I’d never heard of the show before this thread.

1 Like

I never watched an episode of Cowboy Bebop, but that’s one of the better songs left from the last few decades.

2 Likes

3 Likes

A new contender has entered the ring

3 Likes

Happy Days going down to a resounding defeat. I sincerely wonder if the button-mashers we call voters have achieved at least a 50% correctness rate in this thing.

3 Likes