GOAT TV Theme Songs: Bracket Set (Post 1228), Finals: Jeffersons vs. Mssion: Impossible

7 Likes

It’s Dixieland jazz, that’s what it do

1 Like

It’s instrumented that way, but it sounds like it’s played by studio musicians who’ve never played that style as they lose it half hay through. I also swear there is a pinch of '80s synth snuck in there. Not a fan.

Good thing you have Get Smart to choose instead. I’m still stewing over which I’m gonna pick.

2 Likes

Round 3, Block 2 Justifications

There are some extremely tough match ups in this one but I had to choose the ones I liked best over whether I think they’re objectively better than the other one in the match up.

• Matlock vs. Get Smart-Talk about tough match ups, these are two of my all-time favorite themes. I had to go with Get Smart because it meant more to my childhood, growing up, and into adulthood. I was a late comer to Matlock (even though it was my sister’s favorite TV show), because it felt like grandma and Werther’s. As a late adopter in my 30s, I found out this show was really good, the second best law procedural from a defense perspective behind Perry Mason. Of course, once I’m in my 30s, I’m a lot closer to having a dish of Werther’s on my coffee table than when I was a kid. Oh well, sorry, Matlock, Get Smart beats you for me in a squeaker even though it’s getting crushed in this match up.

• The Addams Family vs. Bonanza-Bonanza had a good run, but The Addams Family is a top 5 or top 10 theme of all time and it’s not even close for me.

• Game of Thrones vs. The Jetsons-You know what, f*** you Game of Thrones. And that’s that.

• Sanford and Son vs. Rawhide-Sanford and Son is too good for Rawhide to match up with to me and hopefully them doggies may finally be getting along, although my vote just made this match up a tie.

• Mission: Impossible vs. Olympic Fanfare-It is amazing to me that I’ve only been able to vote for Mission: Impossible one time in this competition and yet it still stands and will stand again with my vote against it. As I’ve said, the Olympic Fanfare is just an absolutely perfect theme from top to bottom and unless it was up against The Jeffersons, it would get my vote every time. Too bad there will be no more chances to vote for it. Will Mission: Impossible get my vote in the next round?

• I Dream of Jeannie vs. Happy Days-Hahahaha suck it Happy Days, I can vote against you again and will likely vote against you again in the next round, since Jeannie and her unseen belly button have been stuffed back in her bottle and taken away from Major Nelson for who knows how many years into the future.

• The Simpsons vs. Ducktales-Finally I get to vote for The Simpsons theme again. It keeps getting good match ups despite being a historically weak theme. There are a few of those left in this competition, but I predict the Cinderellas will soon be turning into pumpkins, even though I haven’t looked at the bracket in a while.

• Magnum P.I. vs. The Muppet Show-Bye Feliselleck. And that’s all I’m gonna say about that.

3 Likes

It says the polls are still open, but it won’t let me cast a vote for some reason.

ETA: it looks like the Sanford and Son contest is the only one in which my vote would matter, so if you want to count my vote, give it Sanford!

1 Like

Weird, I just logged in with another account and experienced the same thing, not sure why that’s happening.

If anyone wants to vote on any of these, post your votes and I’ll account for them up until what should be the closing time, which I think is 8PM Pacific.

Sanford and Son currently leading Rawhide by one vote!

I would like to vote for Rawhide

2 Likes

How dare you

1 Like

I vote for both kinds of theme songs

1 Like

Rawhide

2 Likes

What dead chicken do I have to wave in front of this POS software so it will let me vote?

2 Likes
1 Like

And with that we’re onto Round 4 - The Sweet Sixteen, with Rawhide advancing with @CanadaMatt3004 's tiebreaking vote. It’s going to be tough decisions and single blocks from here on out.

Round 4, Matchup 1

#32 The Twilight Zone

VS.

#49 Peter Gunn

#32 The Twilight Zone vs. #49 Peter Gunn
  • #32 The Twilight Zone.

• #49 Peter Gunn

0 voters

Round 4, Matchup 2

#104 The X-Files

VS.

#24 Law and Order