2024 LC Thread: Name That Tune

Top five are in exact order I would put them too.

No one is saying it’s easy (well maybe one person) but many people believe it’s like the pinnacle of mountaineering achievement. Most of the 8,000’ers are tackled by people who have spent their lives building up the necessary skills and experience to summit those peaks. Everest can literally be done by someone in great shape with beginner mountaineering skills, and enough spare cash of course. Everest has been summited by a 13 year old and a blind person.

I wish we could embed FB videos. Anyway this is really wild - a river of rock flowing downhill.

1 Like

https://www.ultimatekilimanjaro.com/mount-everest-bodies-left-dead-frozen-at-the-top/

insane. some of their bodies have been up there for decades and are considered landmarks for other climbers.

https://x.com/atdanwhite/status/1810701493219328378

7 Likes

With hours to go in the TV theme tournament we currently have a tie between The Twilight Zone and Peter Gunn, so get over there and cast your votes!

1 Like

Something is wrong with the bracket.

2 Likes

I do not have access to that and @MrWookie is on the road with family, so I’d say with so few themes left just go by the thread.

1 Like

I think the bracket is right but what you just posted is wrong. Peter Gunn is up against Twilight Zone.

1 Like

Ah yes, you are right. Corrected!

2 Likes

Went to resolve the tie and instead I think I re-tied it, oops

Cool bracket

1 Like

You got my hopes up for Rawhide. Bastard.

1 Like
3 Likes
1 Like

Spoiler alert!

2 Likes

Fucking Facebook. Oh you like videos with lions and gorillas? Here’s 3 warthogs literally tearing a leopard (might be an ocelot or something) to shreds. Which of course you have to click into and therefore see much more of, in order to click “See Less Often”.

2 am the morning of my wisdom tooth extraction and I can’t sleep. Someone tell me a story where your extraction went well. If you have a horror story keep it to yourself until 9 am central.

I’m not even worried about the post op pain. Just freaking out about the details of the procedure itself (eg what if the tooth falls apart during extraction).

My fear is ridiculous, it’s just one tooth and it’s not even impacted. If all goes well it’ll take less than 30 minutes from Novocain shot to extraction

I should have had myself put under for this shit. They kinda implied nobody does that for just one tooth that’s not impacted though

3 Likes

I’m a pro with dentistry, having multiple implants, root canals, many crowns, etc. I had two extractions two weeks ago from the consequences of a broken bridge. It was painless with lidocaine and barely an inconvenience. I have a root canal next week with an infection at the root. Now, I have a good dentist, but a simple wisdom tooth extraction is basic stuff. Like installing tires at tire store. Bread and butter stuff their equipment and procedures are made for. It will be hum drum for them and for you. It is highly likely you will feel no pain. Just close your eyes and the lidocaine injection will feel like a little pinch.

I do ask for 5 days of codine/Tylenol prescription but that’s because I need it for one day and like to have extra on hand for whatever.

1 Like

That is exactly the Knute Rockne speech I need, thanks

It’s an oral surgeon with good reviews so I’m sure they know what they’re doing

Edit: it’s funny, I’m not even afraid of needles and I do ok with pain in general. And I never used to be afraid of the dentist, at all, in my 20s and 30s. But clearly something weird is happening in my middle age

Btw, they may break up the tooth during extraction, but that’s often standard operating procedure. Just chill out to the muzak and it’s fine. My dentist gives me shit because I always have novel and complex issues, but he’s fine with a challenge. Seriously, I think I was stressed about wisdom teeth extraction 25 years ago, but today I wouldn’t give it 5 minutes of thought after my adventures in dentistry over the last 10 years.

1 Like