GOAT TV Theme Songs: Bracket Set (Post 1228), Finals: Jeffersons vs. Mssion: Impossible

The shredding guitar plays off the subversive element of Buffy seeming to be a dumb cheerleader who is actually a razor sharp witted badass vampire slayer. The theme starts off with a wailing organ, all expected, then transitions to the guitar lead theme. It’s perfect to let you know to leave your assumptions at the door.

1 Like
  • Not a lot of close decisions for me in this block, especially in the first half. It feels like we’re just taking out the trash that slipped through the first round thanks to an easy matchup. I even voted against Muppet Babies last time. It’s bad, while Get Smart is fine.
  • Matlock’s theme is fantastic, while I’d take maybe the top 1/3 of first round losers over Knight Rider.
  • Buffy’s only here because Family Ties is atrocious. Will this be our first unanimous decision?
  • CnD just doesn’t sound as good to me now as when I was a kid who wanted to watch the show. Bonanza has left an indelible mark on pop culture.
  • As much as sports themes went undefeated in round 1, round 2 looks like a bloodbath for them. After Fox, maybe only the Olympics gets through? Game of Thrones is way too strong, even if I’d take NBA on NBC over Get Smart and Sanford and Son.
  • White Lotus is trying too hard to be sophisticated for me. Jetsons isn’t my favorite, but it does the job as a TV theme.
  • I don’t really get or like Sanford and Son, but Peacemaker is not an original TV theme.
  • Rawhide continuing the sports theme massacre.
1 Like

Such crap that Sanford & Son and Rawhide have to go up against each other next round.

1 Like

I may or may not flip from Bonanza to Rescue Rangers if it’s close. Bonanza is clearly the iconic one that could wear the GOAT crown non-ridiculously, but I’d be lying if I said I didn’t harbor a preference for Chip ‘n Dale.

1 Like

Rawhide should crush that matchup. Crush.

1 Like

Crap I didn’t get to vote in the last round. I’ll still do what I would have voted for and justifications later. Time flies apparently.

yeah just insane that either of these are still live

Matlock had me until the slide whistle at the end

jesus man that’s the masterstroke

4 Likes
  • Was planning on Muppet Babies, but changed my mind after listening again. Get Smart is quite good.
  • Pains me to go against Knight Rider, but goddamn that Matlock theme is great.
  • Addams Family. Next.
  • Rescue Rangers in a really tough match.
  • Game of Thrones in another blowout loss for the sports themes.
  • Jetsons theme annoys me the more I hear it.
  • Sanford and Son I guess? Don’t really care for either one that much.
  • I think people are overrating the Rawhide theme here, but it’s easily better than NFL Prime Time.
2 Likes

Rescue Rangers losing to 30 seconds of old timey western twangs is all I need to know about this competition

2 Likes

Yep. It’s definitely kind of annoying. Doesn’t present as well as a competitor as I would have expected.

1 Like

Even as a Jetsons voter this time around, it’s a poor man’s Simpsons theme.

1 Like

White Lotus s1 >> White Lotus s2, imo.

Not sure if that would have made a difference as s2 ought to have been good enough.

1 Like

Themes in this round definitely worse than NBA on NBC:

Chip 'n Dale
White Lotus
Jetsons
NFL Primetime
Peacemaker
Sanford and Son
Buffy
Knight Rider
Muppet Babies
Get Smart

What a terrible seeding slot it got.

1 Like

wrong

5 Likes

S&S is easily top 5 and I have never watched the show. I’d bet this is a north/south divide here.

1 Like

Yeah, come on. That’s Quincy Jones!

1 Like

View counts took this one out of the mix. Probably best not to have to witness it lose to a 90’s sitcom airball.

I don’t think even a single person put it up for a play in nomination, which is too bad. It’s good.

3 Likes