GOAT TV Theme Songs: Bracket Set (Post 1228), Finals: Jeffersons vs. Mssion: Impossible

Strong block. Lock me in for Happy Days in every round of it unless it leaves too early.

It pained me to vote against Night Court, but the Olympics theme wouldn’t allow me to do otherwise.

I’m not going to vote for The Wonder Years in many instances, but that Big Bang Theory theme is some nails-on-chalkboard shit.

1 Like

Same. I mean, it’s fine, it fit the show, but it’s whatever. Only voting it here due to a weak matchup.

Mission impossible is good, competent, cromulent but if you’re voting against Rockford files you should be banned from this thread

2 Likes

I don’t think of the Olympics as a TV show. You could make the same argument about Monday Night Football, but at least that comes on every week in season.

1 Like

Close the thread down please, only 3 eligible voters left.

Same thoughts re: the sports themes. I’ll vote for them against weak competition, but if they come up against something even slightly worse, then I’ll vote for that instead.

That being said, if I were choosing songs from this thread to put in a playlist, then Olympics and NBA on NBC would be near the very top of the list.

2 Likes

Yeah this is why I voted for Y&R. Its perfect for the show, it really is. And is a fine piece of music as music as well

Isnt John Tesh a prolific musician and radio host? Hes rich for a number of reasons, not just that one theme

I had to stick to my principles so I voted for Big Bang Theory but it’s terrible.

Hill Street Blues vs. The Odd Couple was tough, but HSB gets me right in the nostalgia, and I’m a sucker for sentimentality. My mom loved that show.

It’s funny because John Tesh is mostly known for being a co-host of Entertainment Tonight in the 80s and 90s with Mary Hart. He did some composing on the side, that made him some extra bank, but he was almost completely known for that TV show. It shows the age of people here that no one remembers him.

1 Like

When I found out he wrote the NBA song, I was shocked because the only thing I knew him from was Entertainment Tonight.

He did some other iconic theme, too, but I can’t remember what it was.

Or, you know, because of the legend Lalo Schifrin.

1 Like

If that’s your logic (and I don’t disagree, I would have voted for it against over half the field here, just a tough draw), you should be voting for The Big Bang Theory.

It’s a terrible theme that alerts you instantly that you’re about to watch a terrible show.

4 Likes

Wikipedia says he wrote this:

2 Likes

Theres’ a blast from the past. I remember watching that often, but the only thing I recall now is the mom saying “doncha know” in her exaggerated Minnesotan accent.

1 Like

You forgot to include the second part of my post, which was important, and does not fit with TBBT

Co-signed. I cannot put the principle of “this song wasn’t original to this show” above “this song is fucking unlistenable.”

1 Like

Well the theme song to my show is the entire Dark Side of the Moon album. What do you say to that?

1 Like

Is there anyone here that actually likes The Big Bang Theory theme?

Or are they all just protest votes against the angleshooting of The Wonder Years?

In any case, I believe this matchup has supplanted MacGyver/Quantum Leap as the worst matchup of the first round.

1 Like

lol people voting for BBT over The Wonder Years

2 Likes