GOAT TV Theme Songs: Bracket Set (Post 1228), Finals: Jeffersons vs. Mssion: Impossible

There’s a chance that this is the one theme that has truly zero support among the posters here. Here’s the origin:

Would have been interesting to see if it could have been the first to be shut out if it had a different matchup.

I liked it for a while - thought it was clever - but BBT has been on so much in our house (it’s one of those shows like Friends that my wife likes to have as background noise) that I got sick of it. Too loud and grating. I think it would be fine if it was just a once-a-week thing.

MrsWookie

A small blemish on an otherwise impeccable voting record.

1 Like

I remember him for doing the background music for CBS’s Tour de France coverage in the mid-80s. This is one of the tracks I remember best.

He wrote 156 episodes for a little show called Branded. The bulk of the series. Not exactly a lightweight. And yet his son is a fucking dunce.

2 Likes

It obviously doesn’t matter and the version I’m linking has a very weird stereo out of phase image for the song, but the song in the video below is the iconic season 1 Mission Impossible Theme:

My first memory of the ‘Rawhide’ them song was when Billy Crystal sang that little spoof of it in ‘City Slickers’

3 Likes

???

4 Likes

A glaring omission

3 Likes

No it’s a short bit in the movie where they’re all riding the trail together. I’ll see if I can find it

Literally the only thing I know him from is that SNL sketch.

1 Like

I was expressing surprise that you apparently saw City Slickers prior to The Blues Brothers.

1 Like

Oh lol yes I definitely saw the Blues Brothers first, I guess the memory leaked out at some point

1 Like

I thought that was the Bonanza theme?

I guess it’s both.

It’s a testament to both themes that they are cultural touchstones even outside of their own shows.

1 Like

The website decided I could only vote on 3 of the options, the others just showing me results. That is a fair assessment of my taste in music.

I like the Fresh Prince theme, but legitimately thought that the extended cut in the YouTube became a bit off-putting; the usual TV edit did positive things for that song. Still plenty open to voting for it in future rounds, but I felt like The Young and the Restless is strong and deserved less of a blowout loss, so I’m happy with my (definitely losing) vote.

Reload the page.

1 Like

Alright, I’m going to be playing Elden Ring all night, so I’m posting the songs for the last block of round 1 now. These will run until Sunday night, and then we’ll start round 2.

Round 1, Block 8:

#6 Pokemon

VS.

#123 Mr. Ed

#6 Pokemon vs. #123 Mr. Ed
  • #6 Pokemon
  • #123 Mr. Ed
0 voters