GOAT TV Theme Songs: Bracket Set (Post 1228), Finals: Jeffersons vs. Mssion: Impossible

Also, is it Five-0 or Five-O?

I would say the former but the internet seems to be all over the place on this

Both, apparently:

Hawaii Five-O is an American police procedural drama series produced by CBS Productions and created by Leonard Freeman (not to be confused with the remake Hawaii Five-0, with a numeral zero as the last character in the title). Set in Hawaii, the show originally aired for 12 seasons on CBS from September 20, 1968, to April 8, 1980, and continues in reruns.

1 Like

I’d say a TV show’s closing theme is a TV Theme nonetheless. We’ve generally favored opening themes, but I don’t see that as a requirement. Some entries have had both opening and closing themes stitched together, e.g.

1 Like

Fwiw, Bojack close theme is a lot better than the majority of our list

1 Like

Yeah that’s much better. Don’t need that stuff about the milkman

1 Like

I’m pretty sure that Full House ran for like nine seasons and didn’t progress the Joey character in any way. By the end it just got awkward for him to be there. He was basically just showing up to continue his competition with Uncle Jesse for “who has the more annoying catch phrase?”

They would give actual arcs to Danny and Jesse, and then they would go “uhh just give a, uhh, woodchuck doll to Joey and have him learn ventriloquism.”

2 Likes

I live a couple blocks away from the Jeffersons apartment building. I’ve pointed this out to my kids a few times, but they have no idea what I’m talking about.

4 Likes

Would it make a difference if this version of Facts of Life was swapped in?

1 Like
  • Voting for A-Team, but that Dallas theme is great too. It was very close.
  • I’m not really feeling the Kotter theme. It’s fine, but nowhere near Andy Griffith.
  • Was expecting to vote Flintstones, but The Jeffersons is just better.
  • I don’t know what SWAT is, but that theme is outstanding. I like Sopranos too, but SWAT is my favorite so far of themes I’ve never heard before.
  • A really tough vote for Hawaii Five-O.
  • Agree with whoever said that The Brady Bunch theme is kind of annoying. Still better than a lot of the crap from Block 3, but clearly inferior to Airwolf.
  • Benny Hill in another really tough vote.
  • Reluctant vote for Full House in what is by far the weakest match-up of the block.
2 Likes

Did anyone else hang with a co-ed group of young adults that would jump into a fake canoe and pretend to start paddling whenever Hawaii 5-O came on at a party? That definitely didn’t happen to me either.

1 Like

Any character named Joey is bound to be a one-dimensional idiot. See: Joey from Friends

Just be glad we didn’t have to suffer through a Joey Gladstone spin-off. Cut. It. Out.

1 Like

This could have changed things for Charles in Charge:

1 Like

btw did House M.D. intro get picked?

1 Like

Don’t think so. We should have. That’s a great Massive Attack song.

1 Like

The version in the competition here of The Jeffersons theme is garbage. I changed the link in the spreadsheet for future rounds.

Here’s the version every person who voted against The Jeffersons should listen to instead so they can change their votes:

For those who don’t know, the theme songs were sung by the woman who played Willona on Good Times.

3 Likes

That video has a different view count than the one that was in the sheet when entries locked. Pretty sure the only subs allowed at this point are ones that wouldn’t have affected seeding.

Views wise sure, but Wookie has allowed updates to the spreadsheet after that was locked for better quality versions. The competition version is like a Chipmunks version of the song.

I took it as substitute videos only being allowed if the view count is the same, based on the above. But I’ll stand back and let Wookie rule on that.

If you are going to update the spreadsheet, it has to be a bona fide version of the TV theme with equal or more views. The spreadsheet version is what will get posted with every poll. If you think you have a version of the theme that is better than the spreadsheet version (different season, more condensed recording, better quality, etc.) then you may post it in the thread as you lobby people to vote your way.

2 Likes

Another killer theme song