GOAT TV Theme Songs: Bracket Set (Post 1228), Finals: Jeffersons vs. Mssion: Impossible

You’re voting for The Facts of Life. I thought you had taste!

2 Likes

I hate Full House. And I had a gigantic crush on Tootie.

Although at my age now Mrs. Garrett isn’t looking too shabby. She has a spunky energy to her.

1 Like

Lol my man Benny is waffle crushing

Oh yuck, probably the worst round 1 match so far. These are both sweet 16 teams

1 Like

Hawaii 5-0/Sesame was a coin flip for me. Hereby rejecting all arguments that there’s an obvious bad vote there. Neither one is qualified to cup Andy Griffith’s balls, of course.

1 Like

What an absolute death round holy shit. Of the losers, i think any of them beats any winning entry of any other group so far

1 Like

Except for SWAT, which was actually a lot of fun, its just not top top tier.

1 Like

I feel compelled to note that 1. Cheers is a winning entry in another group so far.

1 Like
2 Likes

Did Mr. Rodgers not make it?

1 Like

Well this explains a lot… yakkity sax? Really?

2 Likes

I’m reading some reports that Yakety Sax (aka the Benny Hill song) was used as the closing theme and not the opening theme for the show. Can anyone confirm?

1 Like

Send me a link to the tighter theme and I might change my vote. I’m not really feeling either of themes in this matchup

1 Like

wtf is Airwolf? the youngest one in curls, bro

Ex-po-si-tion
Ex-po-si-tion
That’s the way we do the show’s exposition!
:notes:

2 Likes

Jesus, this block is incredibly strong. Will vote later. Not sure which way I’m going to go in some cases.

1 Like

What a tough block.

A-Team and Dallas surprisingly close, A-Team is not as strong as I recalled. A better challenger takes A-Team down.

I legitimately like the Andy Griffith Show theme. But Kotter is just so iconic. Very tough, I won’t be mad if AG wins.

I despise Yakety Sax with the fury of a thousand suns.

1 Like

This one comes in at a snappy 42 secs and skips a bunch of filler.

1 Like

I am not as enamored by the songs in this block as some other people, although it’s undeniably stronger than the last block.

A-Team theme is pretty non-descript past the opening hook. Dallas is fine but a little bland.

Kotter is pleasant enough but banal in that 70s/80s way. Andy Griffith wins easily.

Flintstones is catchy but dumb; The Jeffersons song is a classic.

I feel The Sopranos theme rides the coattails of the lyrics, and the show itself. SWAT has cheesy 70s action vibes, which I’m not saying is a bad thing. This one was kind of a toss-up for me.

Hawaii Five-0 vs Sesame St. was the toughest one yet for me; it’s always hard to compare two vastly different styles like this, I went Five-0. They’re both great though.

Brady Bunch theme is overrated, it’s just catchy, and not in a good way.

Partridge Family theme is insipid garbage.

Full House song is bad–people must be voting for it just because they watched the show? However the Facts of Life is not great either, so I’m not going to get excited about this vote.

Definitely was the closing theme