GOAT TV Theme Songs: Bracket Set (Post 1228), Finals: Jeffersons vs. Mssion: Impossible

Ok I’ll do some research

Last five hours for votes. Andy Griffith and Sesame Street could use your votes in a close call. The rest are all but decided with huge margins for the winners of this block.

And let me remind you it’s allowed for you to listen to a theme again and change your vote.

It appears that you just bumped the thread to alert people to reconsider a race that Andy Griffith was going to quietly notch a close win in.

1 Like

STOP THE COUNT

4 Likes

I can see I didn’t think this through…

Are folks voting for Airwolf because it’s that good or because they don’t like Brady Bunch that much?

It’s the latter. I don’t even know what Airwolf is, but listening to Brady Bunch created the revelation that a fairly iconic opening is surprisingly annoying.

1 Like

Airwolf was surprisingly good just as a piece of music. It got me pumped to watch something to do with jets

1 Like

I remember watching Airwolf as a kid. I don’t remember anything about it. It was probably terrible. Theme is great though.

1 Like

The Brady Bunch theme is like the Bible. Old, culturally important, not well written, but important to know since we did not just fall out of a coconut tree.

The Airwolf theme is like Hyperion. Stylistically a bit out of date, pretty bad ass if you like that style, but a somewhat obscure book, and not that relevant in comparison.

I would much rather read Hyperion, but the Bible is more goated.

I swear I’m not high.

3 Likes

Fake or pretend, canoe?

Almost flipped from Sesame to Hawaii 5-0 during the final minute just for the chaos value.

2 Likes

Pretend professor. The ground was the canoe. People would sit, legs unbent, crotch to fanny and would pretend row first on one side, then the other. But that didn’t happen.

Nobody even noticed how Logan Roy got Shivved last minute.

Fuck a fox news fantasy.

1 Like

That, my friend, is a kayak.

1 Like

A pretend canoe is a state of mind.

Also I don’t know the difference.

2 Likes

In our Jimmy Rustling matchups, Andy Griffith just barely holds off Kotter. As the Kotter nominator but Griffith voter, I didn’t think it would be that close. I’m at least glad that my nominee was knocked off by a worthy contender and had ample support.

But perhaps more shockingly, Sesame Street upsets what I thought was an underseeded Hawaii Five-O. Clearly Sesame Street was much more so.

Airwolf takes out an overly literal and annoying Brady Bunch, and The Jeffersons knocks off a famous but overly comfortably Flintstones. Chalk takes the rest.

1 Like

Canoe is one-sided paddle, people on their knees. Kayak is two-sided paddles, people on their butts.

1 Like

@suzzer99

IMG_0714

2 Likes