GOAT TV Theme Songs: Bracket Set (Post 1228), Finals: Jeffersons vs. Mssion: Impossible

1. Golden Girls

The end

2 Likes
  • I don’t know how these seedings were determined, but Scooby-Doo is an ultra-fraudulent #1 overall seed. Perry Mason isn’t that good either, so I’ll vote for it for now.

• Pink Panther isn’t a TV theme, come on. Growing Pains isn’t even good, but I must take a principled stand.

• Twilight Zone, but just barely. Both are iconic and deserved much worse first round opponents.

• I don’t know either of these shows, but Mandalorian easily. I listened to BCS and was like “that’s it?” It barely qualifies as a jingle.

• I actually like The Monkees theme, but not enough to vote for it against Cheers.

• Peter Gunn easily. Thankfully this Henry Mancini piece actually does belong in TV themes.

• Miami Vice, though it’s overrated. Doubt I’ll be voting for it again.

• Cops and it’s not remotely close.

4 Likes

The #2 overall seed being from a show I’ve never heard of is something. Mind you, I haven’t listened to the theme, I’ll wait, but I’ll be duly impressed if it actually merits #2 overall.

#3 Fresh Prince will go on a run though.

1 Like

Tough draw for Breaking Bad here

1 Like

Unfair that it had to go against a show with a theme song imo

ETA: can chatGPT make an 80s-style theme for Breaking Bad? That would be fun

3 Likes

Little Einsteins is there because it’s mega-addictive to little kids who shouldn’t be watching so much YouTube.

My girls went through a phase of playing it a ton on our Alexa.

2 Likes

My kids used to LOVE that show and we would definitely have fun singing the song. I’m sure I have videos of them singing it. That and Wonder Pets. Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is obviously a hit with kids, too, but I did get tired of the song. We did always get a kick out of the dance, though.

1 Like

I should have nominated this. It probably wouldn’t have gone far, but good theme IMO

2 Likes

Dammit, this was another @Fossilkid93 joint. I just hope it’s better than Mr. Ed.

1 Like

I just listened for the first time and am looking forward to your reaction :smiley:

2 Likes

Fuck. Fossilkid hasn’t trolled this hard since he logged into IMDb after the finale of The Curse.

3 Likes

:grimacing:

Edited, since it’s too early for that kind of fire.

Bob James is a hip hop icon so it’s easy for me to get rustled.

This track should be in everyone’s playlist though:

3 Likes

Wat?

1 Like

By that I mean that I’ve never seen them. I’m obviously aware of their existence.

2 Likes

Bob James is one of my favorite pianists. He does fantastic four handed piano pieces with Keiko Matsui.

1 Like

Putting this into rotation.

Are you a Fukui fan?

1 Like

Did All in the Family really not get nominated? For shame!

4 Likes

Because it’s ear cancer.

6 Likes

Not familiar with them, but I’m interested now.

Michael Jackson still was black… those were the DAYYYYYYYYYYYS

4 Likes