GOAT TV Theme Songs: Bracket Set (Post 1228), Finals: Jeffersons vs. Mssion: Impossible

Until the internet I thought they were saying “Gee our old lost sour red grape”, which made no sense. We got in lots of dorm room arguments about this.

Kids today will never understand dorm room arguments w/o the internet. Good way to kill a Friday night when you weren’t going to be having sex anyway.

1 Like

Was that seriously the All in the Family theme? Like, that played every week before the show?

2 Likes

Yup

Intros were very different back then.

1 Like

Yup,

One of the best Simpsons parodies came out of it

Kavner’s take on Edith Bunker is outstanding

2 Likes

Family Guy did a bit on the Maude theme as well.

I still say “that was an ordeal” about stuff like that all the time.

4 Likes

Jesus fuck MacFarlane can be so goddamn lazy sometimes. Thats 90 seconds of nearly zero animation

1 Like

wtf bullshit matchup

2 Likes

The Dragnet Alfred Hitchcock of the main bracket

1 Like

View count on YouTube of the video of the actual TV theme that had the most views of any video of that theme anyone could find, to no more than 3 significant figures.

1 Like

Wow Man, I feel like I’m Jannetty and you just superkicked me thru the window…or rather I tried to escape due to cowardice.

The Mr. Ed addition was a troll, but Little Einsteins is legit. That song is a banger

I also find the Mando theme pretty annoying, so we’re disagreeing left and right.

1 Like

The Mando theme is good when used in the short intro of the show, but it’s not memorable at all and is weird to just listen to as an extended song.

3 Likes

So much this. BCS’s intro is barely a theme song.

2 Likes

Its flaws will be spanked soon

But it’s good.

2 Likes

Rough draw for Chainsaw Man :frowning:

2 Likes

It’s this very tiny bit of filler. It’s nothing. It’s people having warm feelings about a great show and trying desperately to pretend that means the theme is good.

Anyway, winner of this matchup (which has gotten pretty close now) should get kicked in the skull next round by (probably) Twilight Zone or (potentially) Jeopardy, so it will resolve itself quickly enough.

1 Like

lol this was such a great bit

Muppet Show vs MASH in round 1 what a gut punch, is this a WNBA bracket?

MASH has the same problem as the Pink Panther in that it’s a co-opted movie theme, and suffers further by being a far inferior version of a movie theme. Muppets will romp.

3 Likes

Too late, but this is iconic (forgive me if it was posted earlier, I skipped a bunch of the early nominations)

Miami Vice is the Goat. Helped immensely by the opening credits. Michael Mann so talented

1 Like