GOAT TV Theme Songs: Bracket Set (Post 1228), Finals: Jeffersons vs. Mssion: Impossible

ROUND 1, BLOCK 1

#64 The Pink Panther

VS.

#65 Growing Pains

#64 The Pink Panther vs. #65 Growing Pains
  • #64 The Pink Panther
  • #65 Growing Pains
0 voters
1 Like

ROUND 1, BLOCK 1

#32 The Twilight Zone

VS.

#97 Jeopardy!

#32 The Twilight Zone vs. #97 Jeopardy!
  • #32 The Twilight Zone
  • #97 Jeopardy!
0 voters
1 Like

Are we sure the Pink Panther and Get Smart aren’t the same song?

2 Likes

ROUND 1, BLOCK 1

#33 The Madalorian

VS.

#96 Better Call Saul

#33 The Madalorian vs. #96 Better Call Saul
  • #33 The Madalorian
  • #96 Better Call Saul
0 voters
1 Like

Kudos to anyone that could make past 20 seconds of the “Growing Pains” “song”.

3 Likes

ROUND 1, BLOCK 1

#16 Cheers

VS.

#113 The Monkees

#16 Cheers vs. #113 The Monkees
  • #16 Cheers
  • #113 The Monkees
0 voters
1 Like

Man, 80’s-early 90’s sitcom intros were so elite.

3 Likes

ROUND 1, BLOCK 1

#49 Peter Gunn

VS.

#80 Taxi

#49 Peter Gunn vs. #80 Taxi
  • #49 Peter Gunn
  • #80 Taxi
0 voters
1 Like

Very fearful of Mandalorian incorrectly jobbing to Saul due to the latter being the better show.

2 Likes

ROUND 1, BLOCK 1

#17 Miami Vice

VS.

#112 Simon and Simon

#17 Miami Vice vs. #112 Simon and Simon
  • #17 Miami Vice
  • #112 Simon and Simon
0 voters

I thought Mandalorian would easily win before hearing it but that is a very bad theme song for the Star Wars universe. There’s no Williams in it and it comes across like early 90s sci-fi to me. Not impressed. Better Call Saul thematically perfectly captures its show and is memorable without having to hit play. I’d forget the other one immediately after hearing it.

7 Likes

ROUND 1, BLOCK 1

#48 Cops

VS.

#81 Breaking Bad

#48 Cops vs. #81 Breaking Bad
  • #48 Cops
  • #81 Breaking Bad
0 voters
1 Like

OK, that’s our first block.

6 Likes

Miami Vice vs Simon and Simon was the only matchup where I shrug at both. Actively like at least one in every other matchup. Went Miami Vice because it’s clearly the more iconic one.

2 Likes

Those were all easy choices for me. I don’t have the same nostalgia for elevator-y songs with good lyrics as others and always hated the Cheers theme for that reason.

One of the side products of this is that it will remind me of growing up and how a theme song of a show would make me immediately change the channel. Simon and Simon and Taxi, were two of those for me. That meant needing to eventually discover Taxi in maybe my late 20s or early 30s. I also hated Welcome Back, Kotter’s theme with the passion of a thousand suns as a kid and loved the show on later re-watches.

Yeah, but it’s like the presidential election—The Monkees theme is pure dreck. Ya gotta chose one.

1 Like

IMO Pink Panther is a movie theme, so I made a protest vote for Growing Pains.

I don’t really like the Simon and Simon song in any case, but hearing it right after the absolute banger that is Miami Vice almost wasn’t fair.

2 Likes

Quickly realizing I’m going to get rustled way more often than that.

3 Likes

Scooby Doo was an awful show and a terrible song. Perry Mason is whatever but I can’t vote for SD.

Growing Pains song is atrocious.

I like Cheers the show but if someone wanted to say the theme is saccharine I wouldn’t argue.

Simon and Simon will get crushed by Miami Vice, that is a tough matchup, but I think it’s a great theme. @nunnehi and @LFS I can’t comprehend how you don’t like it

Edit: I nominated S&S but even I had to vote MV, perfect intro and visual for that series

2 Likes