GOAT TV Theme Songs: Bracket Set (Post 1228), Finals: Jeffersons vs. Mssion: Impossible

Two Misters enter, one Mister leaves

3 Likes

there’s a sci fi novel called Year Zero that imagines that due to the unique nature of human evolution, humanity produces the greatest music in a universe filled with interstellar species who all consider themselves refined respecters of high art. aliens were watching our tv broadcasts, pretty unimpressed, but when they heard the theme song to Welcome Back Kotter, their minds were so blown that it changed interstellar civilization so completely they reset their calendars to year zero to recognize the profound cultural impact of “the kotter moment”

3 Likes

We are SET

Bracket visible here:

https://challonge.com/g1vsed7f

64 matchups is too much all at once. We’ll be going 8 at a time for roughly 3 days per set of 8 until the Elite 8 has only 4 pairings. Yeah, this will take a while.

3 Likes

Ah shit, brutal opening draw for Growing Pains.

2 Likes

Pink Panther was a TV show?

1 Like

It’s been decades since I watched it, but the cartoon was great for kid me.

Yes, but maybe I’ll become a Pink Panther TV truther for a round in order to justify voting for Growing Pains.

2 Likes

I loved going to see the movies with my Dad as a kid. “Do not attack me now Cato!”

And yeah, if that was the theme to the TV show, you’re fucked.

2 Likes

Watched some recently on YouTube. There’s HOURS of it

1 Like

Somehow missed this thread and didn’t realize some tournament construction was going on.

Missed out on nominations, but will happily contribute to voting and bashing the shitty entries.

3 Likes

Oh damn, I only included Mr Ed to make a lame pony joke, I don’t even like the song and now it’s in the bracket!

Oh well, now it’ll be like my FGCU cinderella that I want to see keep advancing.

1 Like

Is the sheet with the yt links anywhere close by?

1 Like

If it actually keeps advancing, it will be more like the Sanjaya American Idol run.

2 Likes

Does Mr. Ed have a hot sister I don’t know about?

1 Like

If I wasn’t on a work computer right now, I’d be searching for lewd My Little Pony fan art.

2 Likes

That moment where a just-victorious Sanjaya broke down crying while consoling his (hot) sister did feel like gold for him.

I don’t think I even know this Pokemon theme song, and I solemnly swear that I will listen to every song before voting in any of these, but it’s quite difficult to imagine voting for Mr. Ed.

1 Like
1 Like

I would have killed my vote too if it was close

Good job on the bracket. There’s lots I don’t know and lots I do. I only have a couple of conflicts early so this should be fun. How does the voting work, will you do it here?

ROUND 1, BLOCK 1

#1 Scooby-Doo

VS.

#128 Perry Mason

#1 Scooby-Doo vs. #128 Perry Mason
  • #1 Scooby-Doo
  • #128 Perry Mason
0 voters