GOAT TV Theme Songs: Bracket Set (Post 1228), Finals: Jeffersons vs. Mssion: Impossible

Nomination for the worst song

1 Like

Yeah, Im lazy so if The Rockford Files and Barney Miller don’t make it that’s fine. @MrWookie is a saint for running a128 entry bracket.

1 Like

How should it go for adding stuff, because some of mine were missed

Try to find the open to Inspector Gadget’s Field Trip and see what you think of that

Should be up to date now. Thanks for getting it started.

Just gotta post Matt Houston’s one here to watch this main title for season 1. It is HILARIOUS for the stuff they show the star having happen to him. They very much changed this in future seasons.

Damn.

1999 @ 1 am: Me watching a 20 year old show on Nick at Nite when I should be asleep. I really liked Taxi back then.

I wonder how it holds up after another 25 years. Somehow, Judd Hirsch is still alive.

2 Likes

I looked into it, and it turns out Judd should be president next year at 89, he seems sharp at 88.

1 Like

I don’t like the theme of Taxi but the show holds up exceptionally well on any rewatch

OK, first of all, thank you to the good folks who seem to have rounded out the list. That was a considerable amount of work. Second, I’ve removed Too Many Cooks from the list, as, while it’s hilarious, it’s not actually a theme song of an actual TV show.

I’m not seeing any other entries, at least not in the top 128, that should be so clearly disqualified, but if anyone sees anything, now is the time to state your case.

I argue that the Star Trek: TOS entry should be removed, as it’s basically redundant with TNG, which has more views and is the more polished theme, but I wouldn’t mind if anyone else would back me up. The other Star Trek themes are more distinct, and might not actually make the top 128 in views anyway.

I could potentially see doing a handful of playins if at least two people want to argue a song outside of the top 128 could be a legit contender, to the point that it could beat songs in the top 32, as that’s what they’d be up against in the opening round. But, there’s only so much effort I can put into this. I don’t really want to go through all the bottom songs myself, and I also don’t want to have extra votes just for songs that are going to get creamed in the first real round.

3 Likes

With the way the spreadsheet is set up, it’s actually fast to track through the songs, so maybe reserve judgment on killing stuff. I’ll listen to all when it’s time to vote. I added a bunch but have stopped now.

You should probably remove Hawaii-5-0 so the other themes have a chance.

Songs are going head to head, round by round, March Madness style, so there is going to be a ton of listening and voting. We gotta draw the line somewhere.

1 Like

They’re saying “It’s not a show. It’s just hours and hours of footage of too many cooks spoiling the broth.”

6 Likes

I’m gonna list 32 from outside the top 128 for views of ones I think should be there. You can cull it to whatever number you want, but almost all of these songs should be in the bracket even as losers.

1. Emergency!
  2. Living Single
  3. Get Smart
  4. Six Feet Under
  5. Gidget
  6. Amazing Stories
  7. Night Gallery
  8. Fantasy Island
  9. Barney Miller
  10. Good Times
  11. That’s My Mama
  12. Perry Mason
  13. Square Pegs
  14. Miami Vice
  15. Moonlighting
  16. Vega$
  17. The Mary Tyler Moore Show
  18. Maude
  19. Gidget
  20. Deadwood
  21. Charlie’s Angels
  22. The Patty Duke Show
  23. Matlock
  24. The Facts of Life
  25. The Wonder Years
  26. I Spy
  27. I Love Lucy
  28. The Monkees
  29. The Dick Van Dyke Show
  30. The Outer Limits
  31. Trapper John M.D.
  32. Alfred Hitchcock Presents
1 Like
1 Like

Friends & Succession songs/music have already been posted so /thread.

1 Like

Looking at the songs beyond 128, I’d say Perry Mason deserves a shot. I’d happily remove one of my other nominations (Hey Dude) to give it a spot if that’s cool.

1 Like