GOAT TV Theme Songs: Bracket Set (Post 1228), Finals: Jeffersons vs. Mssion: Impossible

2 Likes
1 Like

Hahahaha Buddy was the worst, the Larry Mondello of influence on Charles but was great comic relief on the show. Great story. The girl who played the daughter in the original season was probably my first real TV crush. I didn’t see her again until a Parker Lewis episode in one of the early seasons and never saw her since. I never followed up with Aames to see how he is now.

I will never forget the credit card episode. ‘If you can dream it, it’s yours!’.

1 Like
1 Like

Is he a Trump supporter?

Jeez, 16 hours in and you have everything covered already. So I looked into some German TV of my childhood and selected my favorites. First off is Beate S., some Dickensian Coming of Age drama with a melancholic theme song that impressed me deeply, and which I never forgot. But I never heard it again - until I sat in a Baroque concert ~30 years later and out of the blue this song came up! Turns out it’s part of Vivaldi’s flute concert in C major, RV 443! :transmet_smiley:

Another wonderfully melancholic theme song from a TV show about a guy who wants to make it big in pre-WWI Berlin:

Short but decisive: The Intro to a news show were they go into depth in international topics:

German TV and noone is jodeling? I got you covered!

Last but not least, “Tatort” (Crime Scene), an iconic crime series/anthology that’s going on for decades:

1 Like

not sure, but I did find this

1 Like

Who do you believe based on arcs?

Baio is obviously scum, so I guess that makes me #TeamBuddy

2 Likes

You can sing Amazing Grace to this.

1 Like

Haim Saban and Shuki Levy. Same guys who did He-Man, Inspector Gadget, Power Rangers, and tons of others but I think this is one of their best. When you’re pumping out tunes at volume some of the better songs are gonna wind up on the worst shows.

2 Likes
2 Likes

This is almost verbatim the post I came here to make

3 Likes

Would add Taxi and The Price is Right

1 Like

I had a toy version of that big rig. It was a poor man’s Optimus Prime.

1 Like
4 Likes

The toys were underrated. Canon / universe itself was bad which seemed to be the core business model for a lot of these toy-based shows.

1 Like

I also had the gen-1 Megatron that transformed into a way-too-realistic-looking handgun. Kids these days don’t know how good they have it with the orange tips in their toy guns making it less likely that they will be on the receiving end of an officer-involved shooting.

3 Likes

OK, I’ve updated things through post 155, I think. Some more help would be welcome. We’re at 138 entries now. I’m not sure I have the endurance for 8 rounds, so I’m thinking we should cull some of the stuff with only 5 digit views to get us to a max of 128

2 Likes

Seems at this point that if people can’t be fussed to add their noms (or other people’s that they want to be in) to the spreadsheet that they can be left off. Seems reasonable to just set a deadline and then cut down to 128 by view count after that.

3 Likes