GOAT TV Theme Songs: Bracket Set (Post 1228), Finals: Jeffersons vs. Mssion: Impossible

Ha, I thought the one I posted sounded different than I remembered it. I don’t like that one either!

This show was whatever, but the theme being good was the one thing I remember about it.

3 Likes
9 Likes

What the hell I was literally about to post this but my pony took a break to listen to step by step

2 Likes

No foreplay just slams you right away with that opening guitar slide.

Staci Keanan, prob my first celeb crush. Fuck JT tho

Something else to keep your pony entertained:

1 Like

I’ll see that and raise you a Wild n Crazy Kids

Wait, that opening guitar slide is familiar. This theme pre-dates CBS March Madness theme by 2 years. Bob Christianson prob completely ripped it off.

1 Like

Work in progress. LKJ and I did a bunch last night, and then we got tired. About a dozen more entered today so far, and lots more to go. Anyone can chip in.

2 Likes

I have a figurine of the killer from Too Many Cooks and had him sign it (we’ve both been background extras together and talk on Facebook every now and then). It’s sitting next to my main TV.

I auditioned for the peeping tom and doctor roles, but obviously didn’t get the parts.

And RIP to Ken DeLozier, the “dad,” who passed away a few years ago.

2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

It’s funny multiple confirmed Charles in Charge viewers. Loved that show and look what happened to Scott Baio. His spinoff should have been President lol. He’s such a dips*** on so many levels. I used to hear golf stories about him in L.A. and what an a-hole he was. He routinely would hit into groups in front of him if he thought they were playing slow. Never ran into him but he played at courses I did and no one had anything good to say about him. His arc was completely unsurprising to me based on that.

I once played at a course in Burbank with Tory Kittles not long after he was in Malibu’s Most Wanted. We shared the cart and he was playing the best round of his life on the front nine. He told me he’d never broken 100 and was playing well enough to do it on a difficult front nine for someone of his skillset (was on pace for mid 90s). I tried to psych him into it, but he fell apart on an easy par 5 on number 10 and it messed up his mental that had been going so well. There were two other character actors in that group that I didn’t recognize at the time that I saw show up in a bunch of stuff a few years later, even though I think I’d recently worked on or was about to work on State of Play, which I think one was in. I also once saw Delroy Lindo at that course show up around the same time as me while I was waiting to get out, and was hoping I’d get to play with him, but he was in a full group.

One other guy I met on the golf course all the time was one of the members of Puddle of Mudd. It was like everywhere I went this guy was there and he loved playing golf with me whenever he saw me (would slow for me to catch him or try to catch me). I think he just liked playing with another long haired golfer. We were about the same in skill, so he was easy to play golf with but there was only one golfer in L.A. I remember actively seeking to play with that never worked out because I always played as a single when I lived in the city limits, and I had to wait hours and just go with whoever I got put with. It was the first golfer I played with that elevated my game, which was cool. Not every golfer has terrible view points, but I wouldn’t want to ever be near a PGA player and usually just like to play by myself as a speed golfer. Where I live and play now is practically like a private golf course because no one plays anymore and I like to play most in extreme heat (105+) because no one else does and I’m able to get my loosest.

1 Like

Lol holy shit Donny Jeffcoat is a name.

Did Omar Gooding ever go on to do anything else?

1 Like

Holy shit, hes Cuba’s brother.

I dont know if that would suck or be awesome.

1 Like

All of his shows had really good themes, even though he was a psycho

Not really, he co-hosted like a nature show for a while on Nick. He was fine in everything I saw him in, he just wasn’t blessed with a proper Hollywood weight like his brother was. He could have become an actor as an adult but probably didn’t want to. His best comparison was Kenan Thompson. They likely would have been up for a lot of the same roles if he’d been a little younger. He had comedy chops, too, which is why he was in the Nick canon, but nowhere near as talented as most of the child stars on there in their Golden Era. The All That era was spectacular for child stars (in the finished product), but probably was the downfall of the most talented of all of them Amanda Bynes, one of the greatest comedic actors of all time who melted down in the early 2000s and never recovered. The world is darker because she stopped acting.

Winner. I watch this every year. It’s the kind of thing I’m so thankful it even exists

1 Like

The thing I only realized a few years ago watching one of the infinite replays late at night is that there’s a ton of music in the NFL Primetime jukebox. So much that there’s a Google spreadsheet for it:

If you go through that list, most of the early stuff is licensed production music that was released on CD. I’m guessing some of those discs would be difficult to track down since they weren’t targeted at consumers. @nunnehi might know more about it.

Since Scott Baio got mentioned, here was one (featuring another child star who has turned into something unfortunate) I considered last night before deciding it wasn’t quite good enough for the bracket. It’s solid though.

1 Like

I do think that Mando, gifted to us by the great Ludwig Goransson, deserves a shout.

3 Likes

I’ve posted the story before, but I hung out with him/a group of his friends at Hollywood Athletic Club for one night when I had just arrived in LA, and he was fine that night at least.

My Charles in Charge connection: my sophomore year in the fraternity two of my close friends had a tiny room on the ground floor of the house. When we had parties we would roll the big TV from the main room into their room to protect it (it was big for the time, a CRT built into a wood cabinet on wheels). Those parties were typically on Thursday night, so on Friday morning we would sit in their room, get super baked to ease the hangover, and watch Charles in Charge on a big TV in a tiny room. Between the hangovers, the pot, and the room, it felt like we were IN the show with the characters. We also caught at least one blooper/easter egg that made it into the show. We were all big Buddy fans, he turned out even crazier than Baio.

2 Likes