GOAT TV Theme Songs: Bracket Set (Post 1228), Finals: Jeffersons vs. Mssion: Impossible

If we’re doing anime then AoT has probably the greatest series of opening themes of any show.

This one was a pretty jarring change, given that previous seasons were mostly some type of symphonic rock, but it grows on you and is now probably my favorite:

2 Likes

Something from my youth:

Cant find an english version to this, maybe it just sounds good in the german version:

1 Like

So I was watching this with my nephew. I said

“Hey this is a remake of a series when I was your age.”

Little shit without missing a beat said

“Oh, was it in black and white?”

4 Likes

Going to be controversial here: I never loved the Sopranos theme.

1 Like

What are your feelings on perfectly cooked ribeye?

3 Likes

Columbo doesn’t really fit in this thread because it doesn’t have a consistent theme song. But it does have some pretty good music.

1 Like
2 Likes

c’mon people

3 Likes
1 Like

I could do this all day, but this will do for now.

2 Likes

This one goes so unnecessarily hard. It’s fantastic.

No chance it passes the Bechdel Test tho

When I posted “Cheers” I felt pretty good that it was the GOAT. I still think it’s very strong and could go deep, but there are so many good ones.

I think it’s impossible to judge the songs separately from the shows, the opening sequences, and how they’re all connected emotionally. Early on I posted then deleted M.A.S.H. because after listening to it I felt that it only resonated because of the show and the movie but could not stand on its own.

also since there are so many sports themes posted

2 Likes

There is indeed a vast sea of good ones, but 1. Cheers is still correct.

3 Likes

It’s amazing how quickly this goes from “Iconic songs I can hum along to” to “This sounds like a 2004 Bengals/Texans game from Week 15”

1 Like

It’s definitely going to be close in some instances, but Cheers just nails it in so many ways.

Is the spreadsheet a work in progress or stopped at 64?

1 Like

This a legit great thread, y’all

I played the Hill Street Blues theme in a piano recital when I was a kid (as opposed to all those adult piano recitals). Also played the Charlie Brown theme and Axel F. Guess I liked TV/movie music.

Come to think of it, one of the first pieces of sheet music I played was My Life by Billy Joel, but at the time, I only knew it as the theme song from Bosom Buddies (my uncle’s brother produced a lot of shows that had banger theme songs, apparently).

2 Likes

OK and now for some of my least favorite theme songs

1 Like

The original Charles in Charge theme song was a little faster. I remember really liking it.