GOAT Sandwich Tourney! (no actual goats were harmed)

It certainly should be!

Brisket and Po Boy neck and neck.

Gotta say I really want to like a Po Boy but the few I’ve had (both locally-non-NO, and legit at Domilise’s) have left something to be desired. More sauce or something.

I’d take a plate of fried shrimp/crawdads with some tartar sauce any day of the week.

1 Like

Brisket sandwich seems like a waste of good brisket. Good use for the rare brisket leftovers, but to me that is a different poll.

Well, it’s far from a waste unless you’re in an unfortunate place where good BBQ is hard to find. And, for sure, if you have actual leftovers, there’s nothing better than one of these:

1 Like

Sounds like another one for @Ikioi

They do indeed.

3 Likes

Yet here it is:

1 Like

Not the same!

1 Like

That’s not even the only one. We had the Bifana, which has you covered:

I’m not taking sides but it would seem one of these is in a distinct class of it’s own

3 Likes

Kentucky Hot Browns are pretty good but Monte Cristos are elite. I’m a big sucker for any kind of hot/grilled ham and cheese concoction

3 Likes

Then you add the jam spread and the sandwich becomes elite.

1 Like

i’m tappin out

Can someone do the Family Guy skin color meme with the two on the right in the “OK” section and the two on the left in the “not OK” section? Thanks

1 Like

1 Like

Previous heat voting is still open for 24 minutes! But we’re starting the next heat anyway because suzzer is going to be busy the next few days.

Grilled cheese not exactly dominating as our top seed.

Mystery box crushing poor bologna sandwich.

You’re all a bunch of Philistines who will someday have your stomachs opened to the madness that is a cemita.

Meatloaf tied for liverwurst for the worst drubbing. Sorry @econophile. At least meatloaf can claim a tougher opponent than chicken salad.

BBQ brisket holding on by a whisker.

Round 1, Heat 4 begins with our #3 seed probably? cruising. Arepas are pretty damn tasty.

Breakfast sandwich (bacon, sausage, ham, liverwurst, whatever floats your boat)

Arepa

• Breakfast sandwich
  • Arepa
0 voters

Torta

(There are so many different styles of tortas, my Mexican coworker would argue that I’m basically putting up ‘sandwich’ as an entry. Except that it’s not a sandwich, it’s a torta. Don’t get him started.)

Veggie & hummus (one of the stranger entries on the original 40, would though)

• Torta
  • Veggie & hummus
0 voters

Roast beef (of all the ways to eat roast beef on a sandwich, I question eating it as a plain old sandwich)

Doner kebab (another one that seems to have a million different styles)

• Roast beef
  • Doner kebab
0 voters

Lobster roll (hot or cold, it’s gonna cost you $30)

Panino con la milza

• Lobster roll
  • Panino con la milza
0 voters