GOAT Sandwich Tourney! (no actual goats were harmed)

Gyro

British chip butty (I feel like I’m being trolled)

• Gyro
  • British chip butty
0 voters

Italian beef

(A good Italian beef should be soggy imo, which doesn’t make for the best pics. So I tried to split the difference.)

Bocadillo (no idea if this is representative, but it seemed to be the best pic)

• Italian beef
  • Bocadillo
0 voters

Turkey club

Muffaletta

• Turkey club
  • Muffaletta
0 voters

Thanksgiving

Runza

• Thanksgiving
  • Runza
0 voters

Round 1 not exactly closing out with Hagler vs. Hearns.

Another pretty easy round of voting for me. Only muffaletta vs. turkey club gave me pause. But I do love a good turkey club.

Anyone voting British chip butty is banned from this and all future challenges, and may God have mercy on your soul.

I want to try a panino con la milza someday. Anything that looks that weird must be good. Although I’ve been burned on that before with yuca frita con sardinas:

For better or worse I feel like a roast beef sandwich camera shot should come from Arbys

4 Likes

what the fuck this whole thing is fucking insane, why not just collapse all of the other entries into “lunch sandwich”

_tmp_phpmonnl8_jerry-seinfeld-no-thanks-and-leave

11 Likes

jagsfan

2 Likes

Arepa running up against breakfast sandwhich is a travesty

I once again urge everyone to try thinly sliced roast beef layered w thinly sliced fresh zucchini.
w whatever mayo/mustard you want. That’s how you do a roast beef sandwich.

Putting the meat in one big pile is suboptimal. Layering is key to a good sandwich!

1 Like

Please tell me that Italian Beef is not on a baguette

I’m holding off my vote for a Torta until I can get the memory of this horrible one I had for dinner last night out of my head.

If it’s not Turano, it’s not a real Italian beef sandwich ldo

1 Like

Italian-on-Italian violence ITT

1 Like
1 Like

Not really. The meats used and sauces/spices might vary, but style-wise that picture represents like 95% of Döners I would say. And I eat about one a week.

I feel like a chips butty is something a restaurant would serve when they’ve run out of all sandwich materials and all they’ve got left is fries and bread. Even then, would rather just have fries.

Google images is all over the place. I picked one like the ones I had in Stuttgart.

white people get separate entries for italian beef, jewish beef, american beef, southern american beef, texas beef, beef wellington, french dip beef, german beef, norwish beef, irish beef, west coast beef, but brown people get every sandwich they’ve ever made collapsed down into “ethnic sandwich”

1 Like

I voted for the two biggest losers. Fml.