GOAT Sandwich Tourney! (no actual goats were harmed)

Family guy meme

1 Like

What about a chip butty made with rye bread?

6 Likes

I personally think adding fries to any kind of sandwich is an abomination. There I said it.

2 Likes

Somebody get this whinger a NMNM invite.

No fucking way!
White bread and a slap of butter always.

I can’t think of a sandwich to which I’ve ever added fries. But when I was a kid I’d get the two cheeseburger meal at McD’s, move one patty to make a double cheeseburger, and have a fry sandwich with the empty bun. Hot mustard McNugget sauce to finish it off. Those were simpler times.

But, related: adding potato chips to sandwiches can be elite because of the salt and added crunch. Which made me realize: did good ol’ standard tuna sandwich not make this competition? Because chips on a tuna sandwich is excellent.

I am a tuna purist - just tuna and mayo. Get your relish or celery or whatever other godforsaken items you want to mix in the Hell out of here.

3 Likes

I use potato chips or crushed peanuts as a crunch adder in a lot of stuff. Potato chips on my egg sandwiches or sliced deli sandwiches. Crushed up peanuts on pretty much all asian dishes.

1 Like

Imagine being a cat food purist :leolol:

1 Like

BLTA with thick chips for crunch rocks.

1 Like

A straight up cold tuna sandwich would have trounced the tuna melt.

3 Likes

Tuna melts are disgusting. Hot tuna? Cheese on tuna? Melted cheese on tuna? No thank you.

4 Likes

panino con la milza not winning? Bunch of uncultured swine.

Especially with your effusive and enthusiastic sales job!

Part of the magic of tuna melts is specifically that it shouldn’t work, but it does, IMO.

1 Like

I have enjoyed fried in burritos and gyros.

I surprised my son with this in his school lunch recently. I forgot, though, that the chips would get soggy sitting in the sandwich all morning. And I should have known, too - my mom used to wrap the lettuce separately so it wouldn’t wilt.

He told me it was cool, though, because he saved it to eat in class later in the day, so the chips didn’t make noise.

Not a fan of fries on sandwich either.

1 Like

Fries in a burrito or a shawarma though - A+.

1 Like

Get a quarter pounder from Mcds and throw some fries on top. Put potato chips on your PB&J.

3 Likes