GOAT Sandwich Tourney! (no actual goats were harmed)

Caprese rocks. It’s a staple at any French boulangerie or similar French bakery in the states.

1 Like

Me neither. I know too much about bologna.

1 Like

Monte cristo

Monte cristo is a fried sandwich with ham, turkey, Swiss cheese, and mustard dipped in beaten egg and pan-fried until golden and gooey for a delicious alternative to your usual ham and cheese sandwich. Topped with powdered sugar and maple syrup or berry jam.

Kentucky hot brown

Kentucky Hot Brown is an open-faced sandwich consisting of thick sliced toast with turkey, Mornay sauce, tomatoes, and bacon that is served hot.

Mornay sauce is a rich, velvety, white cheese sauce that’s made by melting grated cheese into béchamel sauce.

Béchamel is a French mother sauce made from butter, flour, and milk, and is the base for many other sauces.

• Monte cristo
  • Kentucky hot brown
0 voters

Two of the weirder entries in tourney. I added descriptions for those not familiar. The rabbit hole went deep on Kentucky hot brown.

1 Like

BLT

BLT is one of the only sandwiches I’ll allow the leafy green lettuce on.

Macau pork chop bun

(No idea if this is representative, @Xiaolongbao)

• BLT
  • Macau pork chop bun
0 voters

The polarizing BLT, the Floyd Mayweather of sandwiches, has entered the arena.

Po boy

BBQ brisket

• Po boy
  • BBQ brisket
0 voters

My beloved BBQ brisket sandwich faces a tough draw.

All in all an easy round for me. I liked a lot of the sandwiches, but there was a clear winner in each round.

Doesn’t matter. Even a very good meatloaf sandwich is taking an L against pulled pork.

1 Like

That’s the spirit!

I’ve made grilled cheese for myself the last two days and thought to myself while flipping it last night, “I wonder what sandwich this will beat in the first round.”

1 Like

til Don’t open the Sandwich thread at 1130AM if you missed breakfast.

3 Likes

To me pulled pork and meatloaf was a tough call. The conventional wisdom is obviously pulled pork but meatloaf was a staple of my youth and having meatloaf sandwiches the next day was amazing. I gotta swing the meatloaf, even if I am alone.

Shout out mom.

Tonkatsu sandos are real and they are spectacular (especially if served on good fluffy Japanese milk bread). Like many sandwiches that are based around a fried protein, they can vary a lot based on the execution of the fry, but I voted based assuming the version was at least as good as the one available at a 7-11 in Tokyo.

2 Likes

Had to go with the meatloaf since that is what I’m having for lunch!

2 Likes

My KC friends don’t like my BBQ brisket pic. Which one do you think is more appetizing?

Your friends also said there’s a better pic of the Z-Man

Edit: Ah, I see you snuck the good one in

1 Like

Good tomatoes are key for a great blt.

2 Likes

I have also been informed by my friends that I forgot to nominate pork tenderloin. FUUUUUCCCCCKKKK

These are so hard to find in LA. I always get one when I go back to KC.

2 Likes

Nobody nominated fried catfish either. But I guess po boy will do

There’s gotta be a better name than Kentucky Hot Brown

1 Like

Pretty sure that is a sex act

4 Likes