GOAT Movie Themes - First Block of Round 3 Posted

1 Like

Circle of Life was not only the opening credits for the Lion King, it’s also the whole trailer for the movie, and it’s reprised at the end of movie. Not to mention, it encompasses the core theme to the story. I’ll definitely go to bat for Circle of Life being the theme song for the Lion King. And even by your criterion, if you asked someone to sing “The Lion King song,” you’re not going to hear I Just Can’t Wait to be King.

2 Likes

Anyway, if people could start posting their nominees to the spreadsheet for seeding and/or challenges, that’d be great

1 Like

This is incredible. Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

Lol!! This one too.

Gonna rep anime here if it hasn’t been yet

As a side note, I find it extremely annoying that a lot of the videos here don’t show up with full title or even a thumbnail so I can’t tell what has been posted without clicking on every single video. Sorry if any of these are reposts.

2 Likes

I also think that if you ask for “The Frozen song,” you’re gonna get exactly one song that isn’t a theme.

1 Like

WHY doesn’t the board show the titles of the yootoobs anymore??? I have to click on every one to make sure I don’t pony it

Okay just because these will get 0 votes does not mean they don’t belong here

“Let It Go” - Frozen

“Rachmaninoff Piano Concerto 3” - Shine

“I Am a Man of Constant Sorrow” - O Brother, Where Are Thou?

“Endless Love” - from the movie Endless Love (song is way better than the movie)

1 Like

This is a big part of why I want people to put their nominees in the spreadsheet.

2 Likes

“I Would Do Anything For Love (But I Won’t Do That” - was the theme song to “The Vow”

1 Like

Which song would you consider the “theme” of Rocky Horror? It’s like a whole concert.

1 Like

I’ve never seen it, but it has to be The Time Warp, right?

2 Likes

LDO

“Lose Yourself” - 8 Mile

“I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing” - Armageddon

“Jailhouse Rock” -Jailhouse Rock

“Bohemian Rhapsody” - the movie by the same name

Hmm, I guess? It’s a musical so it’s hard to pin one down when it isn’t made obvious. I thought maybe Sweet Transvestite but it’s like the 4th song on the soundtrack.

I can input all or most of them in the next day or two. Anyone who inputs their own is still appreciated.

1 Like

I will do mine forthwith

1 Like

What about Grease? Is it the song they’re singing at the end as they drive away in the sky car? I’ve heard people call that the “theme,” even my bar trivia guy. But when the end credits roll, they play a song actually called “Grease” so I always assumed that was the theme.

That’s why I think musicals shouldn’t be included. There are at least 4 songs you could make a case for as “the Grease song”.

3 Likes