GOAT Movie Themes - First Block of Round 3 Posted

Also Sprach Zarathustra is fantastic, but IMO yes there should be a rule that the composition needs to be original to the movie.

Best of luck making this rulebook, Risky!

2 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

Couple of miserable ones:

Shutter Island: On the Nature of Daylight (Not an original composition) - Max Richter

Paris, Texas: Main theme - Ry Cooder

Morricone could have his own bracket - some lesser known gems:

The Mission: Gabriel’s Oboe

The Lady Caliph: Dinner

Cinema Paradiso: Main Theme

(If I had to pick one film to hold in my heart it would be this one)

couple of weird atmospheric ones:

Aguierre Wrath of God: Aguierre I - Popal Vuh

Wings of Desire: The Sky Over Berlin - Jurgen Knieper

I guess none of these will make it, but they’re interesting to listen too (imo).

2 Likes

Kinda, I think there was a refrain when they first went into the building but it was mixed with the carnival barkers song.

“At Moulin Rouge… youll have funnnnnnnnn”

Man, I dont like that movie

Edit: this one.

1 Like

Like, calm the fuck down, Baz

1 Like

I am leaning toward:

1. Original songs are allowed, eg Bryan Adams ldo
  2. Songs do not need to have been written for the movie but do need to be indelibly attached as the theme, eg 2001
  3. Musicals are tougher and probably shouldn’t be included, though that makes me sad because we’re unlikely to have enough entries for a competitive outside bracket

Imperial March is indelibly attached to the movie but probably shouldn’t be allowed due to Star Wars having a clear primary theme.

2 Likes
1 Like

I think Rules 1 and 2 make 3 very unlikely.

1 Like

I’m persuadable!

Haha, I was referring to the part about not having enough entries.

1 Like

I’m down for a separate bracket. We may also get a ton more entries once the entries are specified as musicals.

I could also see allowing multiple entries from the same musical.

The rules as presently drafted do at least allow for maximum potential to tilt me. Already visualizing something like Lose Yourself from 8 Mile knocking out the theme of Schindler’s List.

1 Like

Bryan Adams gonna crush all comers.

Also Sprach Zarathustra is indelibly attached to some pro wrestler IIRC.

Anyway, if this gets in, it’s definitely getting Wonder Years’d out ASAP.

1 Like

I feel to be a theme, it needs to be something that is played throughout the movie, not just a song that is played once (Lose Yourself) or in the opening/closing credits. Everything I Do, probably comes close, as I think they do use it a few times in the movie, including just instrumental version.

1 Like
2 Likes

As it should

1 Like