Last one probably

“Eastbound and Down” - Smokey and the Bandit

Edit: I lied

“Against All Odds” - the movie had the same name

“The Weary Kind” - Crazy Heart

“Shallow” - A Star is Born

“Lookin for Love” - Urban Cowboy

“Stayin Alive” - Saturday Night Fever

Yeah I’m pretty sure this thing is losing the string since the lyrical songs are seemingly now outnumbering the instrumental tracks. Let me try my best to help.

2 Likes

Oh I got a deep cut from way out there: the soundtrack to Chariots of the Gods (1970) is some of the grooviest shit of all time. I play this album all the time.

2 Likes

I’ve come around to saying let’s do musicals separately after this. There’s plenty to go around from Disney alone.

1 Like

Referencing @LKJ post above, we could easily separate “scores” into its own category as well

1 Like

Feels like this has somehow gone unnominated so far. Best opening credits ever IMO.

2 Likes

I think so too, but I think we will have few enough original songs that we can keep them together.

Wait, are you sure that’s the theme to the Shining? I thought it was a different song:

;)

2 Likes

I don’t think a theme should be excluded just because it’s a theme to a musical, but I do think we should be skeptical of including of musical numbers from movies that, while perhaps fantastic, aren’t themes.

1 Like

Alright, I went through and made sure that all the entries I care about seeing in are in the spreadsheet. Will add to it if/when I nominate more.

1 Like

I think that makes sense, but would you input musical themes in this challenge while also having a separate bracket just for musicals? I think we would end up cannibalizing interest and tracks.

What on earth. Bohemian Rhapsody is going in as a “theme” for Bohemian Rhapsody, the movie named after the song released 43 years earlier?

Pandora’s Box has been thrown wide open.

2 Likes

Does it qualify? You be the judge!

1 Like

Fine

Do both of these qualify as a theme?

Arthur

Fame

yeah but I mean, does the order of release really matter? The song from Armageddon was also a chart hit, but it was written specifically for the movie.

1 Like

Qualifies in my eyes. You can’t hear that tune and not think of that movie and vice versa.

Pretty sure it was originally a country song covered for the movie.

Are you sure you’re thinking of the Aerosmith song? Wiki says it was written for the movie. It was even nominated for Best Original Song oscar