Glenn Greenwald and Friends: Fearless Adversarial Fox News Contributors

How about…those guys are not liberals!

Ok when do liberals get thrown in prison for political speech? Did greenwald sit by silently when that happened?

Guess which of these two - Jan 6 or George Floyd protesters - Glenn has spent the much of the last few years vociferously defending.

That’s one of like 25 current examples

Principled fella

Maybe he just doesn’t want to be one of “those” gays whining about his rights. And we already know he’s anti-trans.

Pro-ephebophilia if it’s a cis person grooming a cis person, though

2 Likes

It’s not an absurd standard, because it’s a rebuttal to your claim that he’s a free speech warrior. It’s not “this is why he’s bad.”

Catcher in the Rye is hardly the issue.

The things I’m talking about are hardly obsure issues he hasn’t heard about or something, but you don’t seem to know what they are

1 Like

I agree with what he’s saying about January 6. This is a good piece.

I certainly haven’t seen greenwald defend the violent rioters from 1/6. Were there any George Floyd protesters who were imprisoned simply for peaceful protest and assembly? Like yeah he didn’t speak out in defense of the Molotov cocktail throwing lawyers, but why would he?

He did speak out against 1/6 protesters being denied pretrial bail for years but why wouldn’t he?

Yes. It’s really staggering that you don’t know this.

Terrorism charges. Same thing happened with peaceful assembly at Trump’s inauguration. Same thing in Atlanta right now, this month.

3 Likes

Kremlin tries to build antiwar coalition in Germany, documents show

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2023/04/21/germany-russia-interference-afd-wagenknecht/

The fact that you don’t know these things, is exactly why you think GG is consistent. And you don’t know them because GG didn’t tell you.

It’s ok though. Lib media didn’t really tell any of the libs here, either.

Who even knows what I’m talking about in Atlanta? Show of hands

3 Likes

The only thing I was familiar with is the Tennessee lawmakers. The guys who got expelled because they broke decorum with a bullhorn on the house floor? I wouldn’t think greenwald would speak out against that, just like I wouldn’t expect him to speak out when MTG or Santos got kicked off committees. I haven’t checked what or if he said about any of these things but I wouldn’t expect him to treat it as a free speech issue, because it isn’t really.

I don’t know the specifics of anything else you alluded to.

I’m assuming you’re talking about the arrests of the “violent” protesters at Cop City. I do agree the media hasn’t really covered it enough - and of course when they do they accept the cop’s contention that the protestors were violent and started everything.

1 Like

Before J6 there was J21 in 2017. Peaceful lefty assemblers on the streets of DC, not inside any buildings, not pushing past barricades, not being violent towards cops. Held without bail on terrorism charges and other charges for years. Like it’s not a contest, but it makes J6 people look like they’re treated with kid gloves. So if it was about the magnitude of the thing rather than political sides, it would make zero sense for you and GG to not know more about that than J6

Atlanta is people, not even the “forest defenders” like the one assassinated by police, who attended a concert to raise money for the forest defender protestors. In a totally separate section of the area (it’s already subdivided into many uses) open to the public as a park. It rained. Mud on tires and shoes is enough PC to arrest and hold without bail on terrorism charges. The “logic” being that mud is enough to say they were past the barricades with the forest defenders, ergo are forest defenders, ergo are terrorists

3 Likes

Joy Reid is on it

I don’t care what they do to their fellow politicians. I’m talking about state legislatures banning speech and putting people on lists for saying trans things and abortion things

Why is this a bad law?

That one guys murder by police has gotten like zero coverage. It’s crazy.

It criminalizes speech and associations in an easily abused and weaponized way. So, the same reason why authoritarians like you love it.

1 Like

“easily abused and weaponized”

Do governments have a legitimate interest in keeping track of foreign operatives on their soil?

Did you know the government murdered JFK.

Makes you think. And want to vote for RFKjr.