Glenn Greenwald and Friends: Fearless Adversarial Fox News Contributors

This x 1,000,000,000

Imo if you want a peaceful revolution then we need to protect the lawyers and journalists that represent the free world.

The end.

@j8i3h289dn3x7 & me have had our differences but Iā€™d be in the front line protecting that dudeā€¦ And any other lawyer or journo here.

2 Likes

Not victim blaming. He took a calculated risk by reporting against Bolsonaro and his corrupt right wing government. Journalists risk their lives all the time to report against Putin and Mexican government corruption. Itā€™s a noble and commendable choice that few people have the courage to make.

It is sad that this happened to him but he knew that this was a possibility.

Youā€™re not victim blaming but namath, riverman, and wheatrich certainly are. Shit wheatrich even equated Greenwald and Bolsonaro, saying both are villains. Shameful.

4 Likes

What is the purpose of intoning that ā€œhe knew the risksā€? If a firefighter was killed because a burning building collapsed on him, is that the eulogy?

10 Likes

My post is not a eulogy. So I would not include it.

It is merely stating that despite this sucking, Iā€™m not outraged or disgusted over this.

ā€œHe knew the grave risks and went into the burning building anywayā€ is in fact something that could go in a eulogy praising someoneā€™s heroism. That seems to be super bobā€™s line. (edit: uh, maybe not.) Many other people are saying ā€œhe knew the risks and went into the building anyway, what a fucking moron.ā€ Thatā€™s very different.

Glennā€™s not a fireman but if he was thereā€™s little risk of him showing up at a burning building and being shot in the head by the landlord, and zero risk of the same happening to his family.

Anyway like I said I truly hope he can gtfo of there with himself and his family intact but I am still not gonna like him for the same reasons as before this news broke.

Glen is a fuckboy, but he doesnā€™t deserve to be locked up.

3 Likes

I suppose itā€™s bad, but I donā€™t see this as a priority to be worked up about and I canā€™t imagine making an effort like boycotting something in support of GG if there was an appropriate target. Please tell me how this can be used to hurt Trump.

Man, now I kind of want to go to a Brazilian steakhouse.

1 Like

I thought Bobmanā€™s post was sarcastic

I think Bobman was serious.

I guess I donā€™t know what you meant by ā€œfull protection of the American government.ā€

To oversee a fair trialā€¦

Just like we let foreign governments ensure trials are fair in the USā€¦

1 Like

KSA says yes

If you donā€™t feel it appropriate that an American citizen deserves his full rights in another country why are you posting on a progressive board?

I said the same for the dipolmats wife who is accused of dangerous driving and killing a British citizen.

Is that not consistent? Or do you have a personal reason why GG should not receive a fair trial.

Youā€™re strawmanning here. Heā€™s saying the US canā€™t ensure a fair trial in another sovereign state any more than another state can ensure one here. All they can do is employ diplomatic pressure

1 Like

And yā€™all was misconstruing my words to say that I was too, I said the American people should do what they can (Legal options) to try and ensure a fair trialā€¦ If thatā€™s diplomacy then thatā€™s what it isā€¦

Jesusā€¦