Glenn Greenwald and Friends: Fearless Adversarial Fox News Contributors

I didn’t ignore his argument.

Joe Biden also represents some of the most powerful interests in the world. If the emails are genuine they should be investigated by journalists. The standard you seem to be advocating is that oppo dumps by Democrats attacking Trump should investigated and reported on while oppo dumps by Republicans attacking Biden should be simply ignored? Regardless if they’re true or not? And of course if your standard is adopted then any negative information that comes to light against Biden can be dismissed as a Russian plot, whether that’s actually true or not.

1 Like

This justifies “Adam Schiff is the most pathological liar in All of American Politics” on White Power Hour in a dispute involving Donald J Trump and Rudy Giuliani?

1 Like

I don’t care about typical Greenwaldian hyperbole like that.

A reporter can engage in scandalous scathing hyperbole to the benefit of a fascist wannabe but a target of what GG acknowledges to be a disinformation campaign cannot note that the source has a history of working with bad actors?

Your ethics are mighty convenient, aka horseshit.

4 Likes

lol this is transparently false

Transparently true. GG notes that even if the source material is real, Trump and Giuliani’s claims about what they say and mean are completely false.

lol

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1318900301475217408

If I only quote the prepositions and conjunctions I can make Idi Amin sound rational.

Right, if I hack your email in which you talk about being a Big Brother and hanging out with kids, distribute them, and then go around screaming that they prove you are pedophile, that is a disinformation campaign.

GG acknowledges that is what Trump and Giuliani are doing, and he is not the least bit mad about it. Instead he wants Biden to go through stolen emails, confirm or deny which ones are true, and then once he does that explain why the ones that are true do not actually show he is a pedophile.

Because that is a reasonable request that two weeks before an election…

1 Like

So we have to prove our innocence now?

What the fuck are you even talking about? If an intelligence service plants a story that’s obviously an important story in and of itself. But that doesn’t necessarily mean the underlying story isn’t also important. For example, it’s a legitimate story that Russia hacked the DNC emails. And the emails themselves are a legitimate story if they are accurate.

And of course there’s zero evidence that’s what happened with the Hunter story. The journalist’s job is to synthesize all of this and report it if it’s newsworthy and true. And to provide context to the whole story, which obviously could include the motivations of the source. But obviously Greenwald wouldn’t find dirt on black lives matter activists or drug use of individuals important or newsworthy. He criticized the Post for publicizing pictures of Hunter using drugs!

All of this PLUS it’s journalistic malfeasance that all the other medias aren’t demanding the same thing! Glenn’s obsessed with this, Tucker/Hannity/Huckabee are obsessed with this, by god so should NYT and WaPo be as well! Just fuck off Glenn that movie sucked no one is interested in a sequel sorry br0.

No, but I think it is reasonable to assume that if neither Hunter or the Biden campaign are challenging the authenticity of the emails they’re probably authentic. But I posted that tweet mostly to respond to that guy’s claim that Greenwald acknowledged that the Post story is a disinformation campaign when he’s clearly stated the opposite.

Jesus dude did you read the next few sentences? I provided a concrete example of what I was talking about.

K, I will feel free to hack your emails and search history, and claim they prove you are a pedophile. Have fun w/ my not a disinformation campaign!

good luck

You don’t have any evidence at all that Hunter’s emails are a “foreign oppo dump operation”. So yeah I guess you’re right, the sky’s the limit in imagining this sort of thing.

Not really, they have nothing to gain be discussing this bullshit laptop story at all. When someone is making ridiculous claims it is up to them to provide a level of proof that will offset the nature of the claim. The goal is to waste time and attention on this, ignoring it is the best play until there is some actual proof that isn’t shady as fuck.

1 Like

So what in the world is the “foreign oppo drop” that you’re talking about? Now I really have no idea what you’re even arguing here.