Glenn Greenwald and Friends: Fearless Adversarial Fox News Contributors

You know this, I know this, BH knows this. The only reason he keeps phrasing it this way is because the only way he can declare a victory is if he moves the goalposts to an absurdly narrow distance. The Muller Report delivered 34 indictments, including Russian nationals and high-level Trump surrogates, showed clear abuse of office and obstruction of justice by Trump – the dude fucking got on TV and asked Russia for help with the elections-- and somehow the Greenwald stans are still acting like the whole thing was a nothing burger hoax.

Meanwhile, Glen cheerfully gets on Tucker Carlson’s Nazi-ass TV show to parrot out Trumpy talking points and serves Reality Winner up to the feds and somehow he’s still a hero to this army of weird nerds. You guys just need to take the L here.

3 Likes

I honestly didn’t know he did this and it does make me think differently about him, but I still won’t be happy if he gets held out to dry by Bolsinaro.

But yeah, giving up Reality fuck that’s bad… :unamused:

Greenwald didn’t do that. Trolly is lying.

3 Likes

“Agent” aka “asset” is a very common take. For example:

Maddow created a second career with that take.

Now I understand where you are coming from.

You really arguing that the trump administration hasn’t actively and passively conspired with Russia?

@worstof

what’s passive conspiring?

1 Like

In the above posts I argued that the story was massively overblown; it has not been proven that Trump was an agent or asset.

The phrase “actively and passively conspired” is flexible enough to invite a long dispute over definitions, impressions, and gut feelings. A sounder approach would be “here is where Trump agreed to X in return for Y,” then we can judge how the evidence stacks up. Or, “here is where Trump did X, and evidence suggests it’s highly likely that he did it in return for Y.” Specific enough to be criminal evidence, not political.

Most of the story has been smoke, so you have to get down to basics. Mostly it’s been like the article mjiggy supplied: here is Drumpf ranting about Nato, which he must be doing out of some nefarious collusion with Putin, because that’s what we already believe. But Drumpf has always spouted about us giving too much away to the ferigners.

The Democrats have put him on trial. Wouldn’t they lead with the worst offenses they can prove? What they can prove is that Drumpf tried to extort sleazy political favors out of Ukraine, not that he “actively and passively conspired” with Russia to throw the election.

Politicians throw slime, and with Russiagate it is very apparent. Therefore we should be very insistent that the evidence be conclusive, even when coming from Democrats.

LMFAO, Trump’s national security advisor is in jail right now for being an unregistered foreign agent and you’re trying to spin this like it was all just Rachel Maddow going hysterical. Take the L, man. Your boy Glen did some good things, but you don’t have to stan for all the dumb shit he pulled.

2 Likes
  • What’s happening to GG is a horrible injustice that everyone should condemn.

• GG’s Trump Russia stuff was unquestionably awful and his general posture toward the Trump admin puts a dent in his Anti-Fascism Crusader credentials.

• Bill Haywood still on his Trump Russia grind in 2020 is incredibly LOL

1 Like

Wait is Trump a Turkish asset now too?

1 Like

Yes actually, remember when he removed a handful of peace keeping US troops to let Turkey “clean out” the Kurds, who are supposed to be our allies in the fight against ISIS, from Syria? Nice gotcha though

1 Like

Ok maybe I’m confused, are we defining Trump as a foreign asset/agent for any nation/person that he does something that is good for them or in their favor (even if it’s him mashing buttons)?

Maybe he’s not a Russian/Putin asset now and jumped ship to being an ISIS asset since he killed one of Russia’s allies (Russia wasn’t too happy about that one) and the main guy stopping ISIS.

Trump has property in Turkey. At least branded property.

Probably a ton of impeachable shit everywhere regarding money, but for some reason congress doesn’t really want to look at that too hard. Not “probably”, just his continued interest in this hotel or the one in DC should be impeachable.

1 Like

Mainly he’s an idiot who likes impressing strongman leaders. He’s basically an “asset” of anyone who he thinks will help him personally.

That or he’s making millions of dollars a year off a deal that Erdogan could kill any second.

In December 2015, Trump stated in a radio interview that he had a “conflict of interest” in dealing with Turkey because of his property, saying “I have a little conflict of interest, because I have a major, major building in Istanbul … It’s called Trump Towers. Two towers, instead of one. Not the usual one, it’s two. And I’ve gotten to know Turkey very well.”

Right. Trump could have been impeached day one on emoluments. Instead the Democrats impeach him because he’s not sufficiently dedicated to a proxy war against Russia? We need to fight Russia over there so we don’t have to fight them over here? Jesus christ.

1 Like

Okay got it, yeah I agree with that. Maybe I wasn’t following the convo in here well enough and assumed what people meant when they said he’s an asset/agent for Russia

Did Schiff literally say this?

On the Senate floor.

Most critically, the military aid we provide Ukraine helps to protect and advance American national security interests in the region and beyond. America has an abiding interest in stemming Russian expansionism, and resisting any nation’s efforts to remake the map of Europe by dint of military force, even as we have tens of thousands of troops stationed there. Moreover, as one witness put it during our impeachment inquiry: “The United States aids Ukraine and her people so that they can fight Russia over there, and we don’t have to fight Russia here.”

1 Like