General Strike May 1st: no Work, no Shopping, no School

And the employer is a slave owner.

Ok, so another stupid thread for me to ignore.

1 Like

LIBERAL!

Is that a bad thing now too?

LMFAO no. I’m making fun of your foolishness. Which, by your reaction, seems to have hit it’s mark. How about calling your ilk “white moderates” instead? Maybe I’ll switch over to that to poke fun at you!

First, I must confess that over the past few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro’s great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen’s Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to “order” than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says: “I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action”…

Didn’t you hear? Liberals are anti-abolitionists. Geez man, keep up. :man_shrugging:

The one thing I can happily take solace in is the simple fact that Sabo’s worldview loses, always, with a near perfect record. It will never gain traction because anyway can simply look at its record.

It always fails for one simple reason. Politics is about building broad groups of people. Any movement predicated on the idea that everyone is the enemy will never succeed.

It is pure navel gazing and self-congratulations.

1 Like

Would you ever call a fringe right-wing position “self-congratulations”?

If not, what’s the difference?

Simon Pegg rea

I would for sure.

In fact, I have made the point several times that people like Victoar and Sabo are very similar to the extreme right. Neither cares much about actual change, or really the content of the worldview. All that matters is they can claim membership on some team and spend endless hours screaming at the top of their lungs at anyone not on said team.

The fact that sabo is screaming about anti-capitalism and not anti-immigration is pure historical chance.

ZOMG, now the White Moderates are dismissing the Labor Movement. R.Parks, labor organizer, M.King, labor organizer… WTF were they thinking ???/?

Sure fool. Start a thread about how Voting Harder™ ‘works’, and direct action does not. LMFAO.

2 Likes

This seems like a very bizarre thing to take solace in

3 Likes

You would? Would you say Trumpkins are self-righteous? Have you ever said it?

I take solace not because change isn’t happening. It is. The world is getting more progressive. The solace comes from the warm embrace I get from the knowledge that someone like Sabo has no power. It comes from the knowledge that millions of other people, many on this very board, are doing the hard work of advancing that progress because they care about it and not ensuring team membership.

If think if Sabo was all about joining teams he’d find one with more than 5875 people dispersed all over the planet. He might even become a donkey.

Enjoying your posts, Sabo. It’s nice to have a different perspective around here.

2 Likes

Of course. The right is filled with self-righteous people. Team membership is all they care about. The entirety of the religious right is basically all people who scream about a worldview nearly none actually lives.

Clovis your criticism is all over the place so it’s hard to see what your actual objection is. Is it the efficacy of the general strike your real concern…because that’s where you started. You don’t seem to be there anymore.

The reformers have generally been the White moderates that MLK considered the biggest impediment to progress. People like Sabo, the IWW, have practiced absolute solidarity across gender, race, and international border lines for more than a century.

Edit: I think you meant something else. Something more ridiculous. Really a big problem with your posting - the whole “you’re just like a Trumpkin” thing.

1 Like

sipeggeditaa