Fun Poster Data

OTOH, if your life was a television series every story arc would be like…
8e3fd0_702eda3f12e147f2bcdf3d20071f7a95_mv2

4 Likes

34 Likes

Welcome to the world of trickle up likenomics, motherfucker. Enjoy the reverse-meritocracy.

13 Likes

I’m not sure if that’s because I am a high volume poster or because I frequently crank it to to 11 on people.

Both seem true, and neither is good for my ratio. But, tis my nature.

1 Like

We should DQ gimmicks from these rankings. You may not like it, Preet, but lol fuck you.

2 Likes

But seriously, I completely agree with what you said and was in the middle of a post trying to make the same point in a much less eloquent way.

• Conversational posting, posing questions, etc often doesn’t generate a lot of likes but keeps threads moving along and sparks new conversation and content.
  • Posting something that is meaningful to people in a thread with low traffic won’t generate a lot of likes, but fosters community and meaningful connection.
  • Posting answers to simple questions helps people, but won’t generate a lot of likes.

It’s fun data to look at, but as you said, if we started using the metric to guide posting in this forum it would descend rather quickly into who can post a new meme the fastest or photoshop trumps face onto a phallus in the most convincing fashion.

9 Likes

I’d be interested to see the percent of posts that got at least one like. Someone batting .800+ or .900+ is clearly doing well.

Also this stuff includes PMs right? I think discourse counts them as posts.

1 Like

“I’m a nine… 9” “I’ve never been a nine”

“Isn’t there zero-point to this”

“Who cares, I’m a 9”

4 Likes

Wow! I made one good post about a kid organizing his own pride parade and I shot to the top of the lists.

Suck it, losers!

15 Likes

I refused to like that first post but you got me with this one.

3 Likes

The only thing that matters is the Walrus posts:likes ratio

4 Likes

Umm blow me :grin: although I will say that’s a pretty funny self own.

suzzers_ghost is killing suzzer

7 Likes

Keep inflating my ratio and I’ll be forced to become a landlord.

4 Likes

ya it’s weird

23 Likes

+1

p.s. I’ve hearted both sides of a debate more than once

5 Likes

@BestOf

2 Likes

Tells me marksman is really, really, really nice.

2 Likes

@BestOf

4 Likes

On that note I’m curious who gives the least hearts vs received hearts.

[looks in @goofyballer’s general direction]

1 Like