From NBA Live '95 to 2K20: An Unstuck 5 Year NBA Dynasty Draft

No worries. I figured you weren’t in, you didn’t give any indication you were but I didn’t want to rand if you had wanted to. There’s no downside to just eliminating teams.

Or you can sim a team for me. I’d want the 3 Ball Bros. 1, 2, and 3. And even Lavar, somewhere around 11th round.

Neva Lost!

1 Like

Obv your coach:

I preferred his appearance on Inside the NBA, he killed it:

This is too complex for me, you can delete me from the draft.

K thx bai.

I have no idea what is that an answer to, but sure, leggo.

Your hypothetical team is Grit N Grind 2.0 (including 3 former Grizzlies)

Beginning in 2010, something called “Grit and Grind” was bubbling down in Southwestern Tennessee. It was a most glorious brew, as it would become a moniker this Southeastern metropolis fully embraced.

“Grit and Grind” isn’t a catchy slogan, but a way of basketball life. It’s high pressure on-ball defense, milk the clock offensively, get buckets in the paint and assert one’s dominance physically on the opposition. It is a blue-collar brand of playing hoops that Memphians are glad to call their own.

So you’d be building a worse version of that team. You said:

I can just pick a tony allen ben wallace jae crowder james johnson ron artest team based on the coveted who would kill you in a street fight stat.

Feel free but it wouldn’t be a strong team to any discerning mind.

It was a joke dude

I’m cereal, I want no part of this.

I’ll follow and troll tho.

So if you draft the old version of the player are you getting the actual seasons posted including injuries? Or it’s a hypothetical run it again fresh start with that body and talent level from season picked?

1 Like

I don’t know why you’re repeating yourself.

You were already removed from the ss.

You get actual seasons posted.

You can say that you will manage their performance a little different on the margins (vis a vis shot selection and distribution) but it’s not a complete revision where guys don’t get hurt. It’s also not as simple as getting as many top scorers as you can and simply adding their total together, there’s only so many possessions and defense is a thing.

You can have Reggie Miller shooting more threes, but Jordan is still gone for ~two seasons, Durant was out the most recent, etc.

because I didn’t check the spreadsheet obv

i dont think this draft will get past round 8.

15 was way too ambitious… no that’s not the word. Hmm, foolish. yeah, foolish.

I would also think shortening it makes sense. Rather just draft a rotation (8-10) plus a coach. Not sure what the point of drafting a full bench of players who would never see the hypothetical court is.

So you can draft players that play less than 5 seasons.

Last draft they wanted to go further than 9 rounds. We don’t even have the first pick made so it’s probably going to be moot.

It going 5 rounds would be fine tbh.

Your ego is getting oversized. Don’t take other people’s previous kindness as legitimate praise.

You’re not drafting, you made a show of it. Kindly fuck off: You won’t be trolling this thread.

1 Like

I for one think drafts should have as many rounds as humanly possible

I figure(d) we have a lot of time to kill and no rush.

That’s why the draft window is ridiculously large where usually it’s more like 2-4 hours.