Forum Stats Roundup

ITT I’ll share some stats about the site.I don’t think this is top secret proprietary info, but it people object to me making any of this public I’ll take it down.

Traffic has been pretty consistent the first two weeks:

Sign-ups obviously peaked the first couple of days:

And posts peaked for the debates:

bump

Why are people searching for 118?

That’s me searching for EmpireMan because he came into my poetry thread and dropped a soul read on me, where are you EmpireMan?

On a more serious note, please reassure us that all the posts we have “Yes, Abandon”-ed are actually deleted, and that you don’t maintain a database of aborted gags like some kind of discourse addled Bartleby.

1 Like

So Mason is searching for himself ones a week…

Shut your masonmalmouth!

3 Likes

Not sure this belongs here, but I don’t think it deserves its own thread either. Just want to drop some server stats, which may impact our hosting costs at some point.

We’re fine with everything for now, but any significant traffic increase and we’ll likely need to upgrade memory.

Bump

Our messy history means this community has a lot of anniversaries, including one I completely invented because I was drunk and couldn’t read a calendar. Anyway, today marks one year from when the current forum was first opened up for public account registration.

While the official move happened a little over a week later, yearly stats from here show the jump from preview traffic to full launch. That visual indicator won’t be available soon since one year is the max chart period.

‘Crawlers’ means indexing bots from search engines and advertisers.

Untitled-3
It may not seem it, but we do have steadily growing base of active users.

Untitled-1
This is Daily Active Users / Monthly Active Users. It’s a measure of how obsessively addicted we all are to this place. Anything over 20% is considered good. Facebook runs about 66%.

Cliffs: We are a very small internet community, but we are quite healthy.

28 Likes

Interesting that crawler utilization seemed to go up around the time Covid first showed up.

I consider that a good thing as I think frequency of crawling helps get content found on search engines. Of course it could just be new third tier crawlers showing up but I am assuming it is increased activity from previous crawlers.

It’s nothing that interesting. I just switched us back to Adsense in mid-March and they do a lot more crawling than other networks.

Dang oh well lol

Looks like a glitch. We don’t have the same spike in Analytics.

eta: Maybe not. I suppose it’s possible for a bot to show stats in one spot but not the other.